dollar strengthening against Euro?!?!?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by scriabinop23, Aug 8, 2006.

1. If only "nevermind" worked in real life sigh . . .

#21     Aug 9, 2006
  2. Yes, I'm looking for a broker were I can place a trade and then when I change my view I can call them and say nevermind.

#22     Aug 9, 2006
  3. usdBull

usdBull

It's coming. The long term dollar bull market is at hand. When global uneasiness exists, old habits die hard, best to stick with USD until proven otherwise.

---bull

#23     Aug 9, 2006
  4. Good luck with your USD … I am just about to short this pair…

#24     Aug 9, 2006

5. yes.

we are long the dollar here.

our analysis agrees with you.

surf

#25     Aug 9, 2006
  6. Hey surf, I think you are going to hold through some pain to make a buck on this one, but we will see. I would like a dollar long, on a retrace back from 1.2960 down to around 1.2720.

Also let me throw this in, Hotspot is very interesting, cheaper than CurreneX, and a data feed through Esignal so the charts match the dealing platform, also good liquidity, FYI.

#26     Aug 9, 2006
  7. usdBull

usdBull

I am also long USDJPY, USDCHF, USDCAD. Short AUD. Have been for a few weeks now.

--bull

#27     Aug 10, 2006
  8. I've not read the thread fully, so I apologize if I'm repeating what has already been said.

The Fed pause was widely anticipated, and therefore it was no surprise. The market, already long on EUR saw the "buy the rumor, sell the news" addage evident, and saw this as an opportunty to scale back longs. Additionally, the Fed has made it clear that this pause may not last as long as inflationary expectations are on the rise - which they are.

Essentially, no one is willing to make a bet that the US economy is out of it for a while, not yet. Therefore you'll see more range trading.

#28     Aug 10, 2006
  9. Andriy

Andriy

How does that go? If it looks, walks and talks like a range, then it must be a range. Nice intraday trading environment, that's for sure --

http://i3.tinypic.com/24bw6mp.gif

#29     Aug 11, 2006
  10. Yep. It is a range. Right now I swing trade the box. Verrry nice.

In out, in out, in out,

What could possibly be wrong with that?

Daily trades from Z 7am till C 9am.

Life is good

#30     Aug 12, 2006