Dollar LONG stance but hold trigger till ...

Discussion in 'Forex' started by deadbroke, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Thanks Viper, feel better already. :D

I'm OK with monthly, weekly and daily. Good confidence level with these frames.

But realtime is why I'm here and its a totally different animal. I've looked into 4H down to 5-min. to see what would work for me. This is the area I need to sort out.

Based on your suggestion, can you actually do a simple combo Daily and 1H and skip the 4H? ... or combo 1H and 15-min would means you don't look at Daily or 4H?

sorry for the bother :)

#51     Oct 28, 2009
  2. D no bother, try daily/1 hr, use 1 hr for entry. I am sure you know one of the hardest things to do in trading is waiting for a pullback to make an entry into a trend. I would also recommend trading only one pair, maybe EUR/USD, watch it till your eyes bleed, it generally has the highest volume of all the pairs due to retail trading on most retail Hubs. If I may ask, who is your broker? Look at yesterdays and todays action on EURUSD in the daily and hourly, see if you can spot entries and exits.

The Ever Helpful VIPER

#52     Oct 28, 2009
  3. WOW, Annie Haslam, I almost forgot, oh sorry where were we? Oh yeah, I will give you one because I like the cut of your Jib. Today 8:35 short 4793 cover somewhere above 700, you get the idea.

The Ever Yachting VIPER

#53     Oct 28, 2009

4. OK Viper, (Daily + 1H) is what I'll work with. I like this suggestion alot because I'm already cool with Daily.

Just 1 pair, EurUsd - that was my plan, but got swayed by weak GBP, now suddenly strong and my trade is stuck. :)

4H + 1H + 15-min. + 5-min. together = a giant headache for days.

Oanda & Alpari.

You've been a big help, Viper. Thanks.

#54     Oct 29, 2009
  5. D, be careful today, very tight range and reports today and tomorrow.

The Ever Warning VIPER

#55     Oct 29, 2009

6. OK. Thnx.

#56     Oct 29, 2009

7. DX & I have neither dignity nor pride left, but we are friends? :) :D :D

Daily Macd Hist. has now broken out and Price has reached first obstacle, the EDT trendline. A breakout here will be huge. Fingers crossed.

same chart from page 3 updated

[​IMG]

#57     Oct 29, 2009
  8. was today the trigger?

I dont get it ... US news was good yet Gold blows up

just one of them days huh?

:p

#58     Oct 30, 2009

9. Hi outlaw, good to see you again - what pair are you working on now?

was the trigger question rhetorical or meant for me?

:)

#59     Oct 30, 2009

10. This GBPUSD ongoing shorty is in the crapper - its just a mini but that's no reaon to be careless. Viper is abs. right about my poor entry. Will try to do better next trade.

#60     Oct 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.