Dollar Falls To Two Month Low Against Yen on Mortgage Concerns

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by SiSePuede!, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Daal

Daal

The dollar has done very well in past recessions. look at history

#11     Jul 25, 2007
  2. Well, I am one of these "idiots" who is going USD long ! Thanx for the contrarian indicator ! :D :D :D

#12     Jul 25, 2007
  3. menthol

menthol

It's just a matter of what Ben Bernanke does. If he tigtens up dollar goes up and vice versa.

What happens is he lets the dollar to break this supposingly unbreakable low level, that should tell you something. Unless he's trying to fake everybody and squeeze some speculators.

Always remember his "helico drop" of money speech. He already told you what he's going to do. It's called the Bernanke "put" BTW.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boardDocs/speeches/2002/20021121/default.htm

#13     Jul 25, 2007
  4. mcheema

mcheema

long dollar and yen against euro looks like a good medium term bet.

#14     Jul 25, 2007
  5. dont

dont

I'll never forget, I think it was newsweek had a picture of a dollar shrinking. With the headline the incredible shrinking dollar!

One of the talking heads on CNBC says thats it the dollar has hit bottom.

It turned, I think it was at 1.365 to the euro and retraced all the way to 1.16?

It is always darkest before the dawn.

When it turns it will be vicious and quick, and the carry traders will be left hanging.

Happy to hold long Yen and long dollars at these levels or better.

#15     Jul 25, 2007
  6. US GDP - MEW mortgage equity withd. = negative growth

the numbers are fudged. now it seems ok to take food and energy out of the equation. and buddy bernanke feels that the 'key' to controling inflation is controling expectations? but if it was a conspiracy they would be hiding these lies. they dont seem to be hiding anything. either people are blind or they do not speak english or maybe not paying attention. Maybe busy eating hamburgers and smoking blunts.

#16     Jul 26, 2007
  7. wesbrown

wesbrown

I think that will be quite long term not medium term..

#17     Jul 26, 2007
  8. medium term short squeeze, then the course will resume to its value= fiat.

#18     Jul 26, 2007
  9. wesbrown

wesbrown

I hope you're right because I am not willing to wait that long!! just don't see it happening though..

#19     Jul 26, 2007
  10. if you only knew what these boys really had up their sleeve. they do not care. wealth concentration is the name of the game. I am almost sure a few of these boys have hundreds of billions in a numbered account somewhere in swiss land. Just have not seen it for myself. You are dealing with proffessional bankrupters targeting america. Just trying to control the current sea or currency. Find out what a berth certiificate is, then find out if you have one. Is the bank along the river where you store money? admiralty maritime law overules the law of the land. who was really at the boston tea party and what was really in those crates? the dutch east india company was involved in what kind of trade? too bad we dont have a narcotics futures exchange. I wonder why they call it controlled substance as opposed to illegal substance. I better stop fore this becomes a mispost. but anyway, dilution is their specialty. go to your local lounge and pay 15 dollar for a drink. how much alcohol do you think you are really getting? the bankers would love for the dollar to pop. they will just make a new currency with a new name. or implant chips into peoples foreheads, saying that a few rogue bankers at the fed have caused all of this, they were fired, and now they have this 'solution'. I can see it now. PRS problem, reaction, solution. I think it was hitler who said 'I will build an entire empire with out one ounce of gold'. Not really my ideas. All of this is documented. I can provide links and citations. The only man fit enough to handle this is Ron Paul, he is very well informed. The children are rising, the adults are in trouble.

#20     Jul 26, 2007