dollar/euro dump

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aPismoClam, Jun 29, 2005.

1. no comments from anyone about that sudden sell off? (even though we were probably all short ($) and holding our breaths as it went in our faces all morning....)

2. EUR/USD has been a train wreck for me.

all I can figure is that maybe the institutionals are moving it up in order to pump/dump it when greenie hikes the interest rate.

just a guess.

USD/JPY was the eyeopener, spiking virtually straight up all night.

I was able to mash out some coinzy-zoinzy from that but like a doof I opened a long at 110.65.

it'll probably tank a hundred points on me now.

3. If you were using pivot lines, you would have realised you were in a sell zone hitting R1, and when you saw that stochastic divergence on the 15 minute, MACD divergence and that hammer, i think you would have covered your short position.

Not to mention that attempt in a providing a double bottom!

I think this 'sell off' was no surprise.

4. and look at it now.

anybody for a retracement? :D

BUY THE DIPS !!!!!! :D

5. I don't use indicators.

I'm too good of a trader.

6. whatever. it still came upon us pretty fast.

7. Whoa... Skalpz! Are you for real? :D

8. I'm sure alot of euro longs said the same thing at 1.2500 :D

9. Or at 1.2000 for what it's worth....

Not having a great respect for yearly pivot lines and technical analisys on daily and higher time frames charts, i would stay out of using indicators to predict large moves as that really is the playground for fundamental movement, don't you think?

If I am daytrading, why risk large amounts of capital to assure a loose enough stop on a trade that could even go 200 pips against me before it becomes profitable?

Position traders are much more capitalised than i am, let's face it!

10. My azz is cozy here on the hourly and 15min chart! :D

#10     Jun 29, 2005