Dollar decline nearing an end?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by gharghur2, Apr 19, 2006.

1. I've been saying now for several weeks that the behavior in the Euro is rather stupid. But markets love playing stupid, so I just shrug and play a different pair.

#41     Apr 24, 2006
  2. LOL I like your approach

#42     Apr 24, 2006
  3. Have no choice, mate :) I know people out there say "just play the trend!" But I have trouble playing pairs if I don't believe in the logic of the move. And for that, I suppose I'll lose out from time to time.

#43     Apr 24, 2006
  4. Hi!

Agree! It's better to lose out, than to not have conviction is your position.

The Dollar failed to closed that gap today and moved lower. Maybe we need to restest 86 again. Was a good setup until the G-7 meeting scared the bulls. Japan will be interesting tonight?

#44     Apr 24, 2006
  5. Both the dollar index and USDJPY have broken through support. So I think the dollar index will go to 86 and the USDJPY will go below 113.36. However, before it does that, the USDJPY may have a bounce to about 116. The EURUSD is likely to meander around this level due to the weakness in both USDJPY and EURJPY.

In EW terms, I think wave 2 in USDJPY is not yet over and we are in wave c down. If wave c is equal to wave a, the target is 111.

Just my opinion, which is worth very little :)

#45     Apr 24, 2006
  6. Hi Hoang,

Looks like your right. All these currencies are retesting recent levels. You probably know more about currency pairs than I do, for sure. Actually most markets seem to be going against their trends today. TY G-7

#46     Apr 24, 2006
  7. #47     Apr 24, 2006
  8. What are we right on track for?

#48     Apr 25, 2006
  9. Tony,
    Recognizing the confusion created by the G-7 statements as early as you did was the key to limiting losses. Thinking that their effect would dissipate quickly as I thought was an oversimplification because even if the statements didn't contain any new recommendation, they still have the potential of triggering policy changes shortly after over an undefined horizon.

#49     Apr 28, 2006
  10. DrChaos

DrChaos

Except for the "minor" fact that the Fed started increasing interest rates relentlessly at the beginning of 2005?

In that sense the fundamentals can be quite different as the Fed was not close to an extremely low level. So unless you see Fed funds going to 7%....

#50     Apr 28, 2006