Dollar decline nearing an end?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by gharghur2, Apr 19, 2006.

1. The dollar was going down lately because of all the agitation in commodities that I think is now over. For a little while.

#21     Apr 24, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Selloff in the Yen overnight? Am I thinking of this backwards

#22     Apr 24, 2006
  3. LOL yup! I blew it ...

selloff Dollar/Yen

#23     Apr 24, 2006
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Ok. I sometimes get turned around when I read threads because I trade the Globex futures pair GJY which is the other way around. Do you trade the cash?

#24     Apr 24, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I can see where the charts have potential for dollar advance against some of the currencies. The ones I trade are Canadian, Euro, Aussie and Yen futures. The first three look to have that potential, but at the moment the Yen chart doesn't exhibit that at all. Things can change quickly of course--

#25     Apr 24, 2006
  6. I've been watching the Dollar/Euro

#26     Apr 24, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I know you do a lot of EWT, but the way I see the chart, there is a clear triple RSI bearish divergence on daily continuation chart of euro fx futures as well as the potential for triple macd histogram bearish divergence which may depend on activity today. Certainly looks like potential for downside on the euro--up on dollar.

#27     Apr 24, 2006
  8. THX
    Yes I've noticed that too, on the cash index.
    Was another reason to be looking for a bottom here.

#28     Apr 24, 2006
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Do you find that a lot--ie that EWT points to areas that also coincide with indicator divergences/signals etc?

#29     Apr 24, 2006
  10. Yes, I do in fact.
    One can not live by one technical tool alone.

Positive and negative divergences sometimes confirm what the waves are projecting.
    Actually, when EW/TA coincide it usually creates the best trading opportunites.

#30     Apr 24, 2006