Dollar Collapse Plunges S&P 500 Back To 1996

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallStWhizKid, Oct 12, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Bernanke says he supports a strong dollar, however he could care less. They would be taking the steps right now to prevent any further collapse in the dollar.

#11     Oct 12, 2009
  2. ipatent

ipatent

Plot it in terms of gold and it is worse.

#12     Oct 12, 2009
  3. lrm21

lrm21

On principal I see why a weak dollar is immoral.

It implies that the government is working against savers.

In practice, our dollar has been on decline for 80 years, and prosperity has seemed good.

However, we have had the ability to export our inflation.

If the time comes were the world will says no mas. WEAK..will not come close to describing the dollar.

But even with all the talk of the dollar doom, and i have been one of the doomers, I cant see any real truth behind these alternative currencies.

The idea that China, arab states and russia are going to replace the dollar..all talk.

#13     Oct 13, 2009
  4. KK70

KK70

I agree. Many Asian countries (China included) built their prosperity through their weak-currency driven exports.

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. Lethn

Lethn

rofl I think that's hillarious that people think that actually having a weak currency is going to help the people overall, please, people really need to stop trying to dig for hope in desperation.

I was holding back a bit but honestly in my opinion I think the U.S is heading the way of Germany after World War 1 no matter what you do, sorry but trillions worth of debt, constant and expensive wars overseas as well as an incompetent beuracracy does not help your country in the slightest bit.

#15     Oct 13, 2009
  6. achilles28

achilles28

It's all relative.

After a quadrupling of the money supply, another 4 Trillion in debt, and skyrocketing commodities, the Yuan, Ruble and Yen will look pretty good (Stable) vis a vis, the dollar.

#16     Oct 13, 2009
  7. Onlygold

Onlygold

Give me a strong enough dollar that has no side consequence and I can buy up the world.

#17     Oct 13, 2009
  8. pretty much is toilet paper by now... oh well... i don't even want to look the SPX against gold... it probably is something scary.

#18     Oct 13, 2009