Doing my part to curb carbon emissions LOL

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Feb 21, 2012.

1. How long between clutch jobs on the regular V-8?

#21     Feb 23, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Dunno.

My '09 GT500 had a known clutch problem and mine had a VIN that indicated that I had the problem clutch but I kept the original clutch and didn't develop the problem. Probably because I'm so freaking old that I learned to shift before synchromesh transmissions and I typically double clutch and match-rev like Steve McQueen in the movie "Bullit". :D

#22     Feb 23, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Did you mention that you are growing crops?

Yeah, you'll need a truck.

I have a ranch but I don't grow crops or raise livestock and I find that I'm not using my truck for hauling very much anymore. I have a recumbent tricycle (for adults, dont laugh its actually pretty cool) that I haul down the beach to ride on the "strand" but that is about it. I have to force myself to drive it once in awhile or the batteries discharge.

#23     Feb 23, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I should clarify, I do not actually do the [grain] farming here, I don't have that kind of time. I rent the land out by the acre to a local farmer. I have a lot of other uses for a truck, though, that simply come with managing an acreage. Plus I'm thinking a truck will hold up better vs. the gravel road.

#24     Feb 23, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Ah, if you get a truck you should put a good set up mudflaps on it and keep your speed down on the gravel road and it will hold up nicely.

You'll be hauling stuff alot the first few years but then it should taper off somewhat. These days the Home Depot and Lowes delivers if you buy a decent amount of stuff. Calgary has some real winters so a 4x4 wouldn't be bad idea.

#25     Feb 23, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Oh, I want well liners (flared), flaps, AND full running boards! : )

#26     Feb 23, 2012
  7. Tell me about it. Used to be able to drive a few miles out of town, both in the midwest, and even in CA to run a bit.

The engine is rebuilt with no miles on it, and the guy who did the work offered me $5,000 for it. I laughed and said add another zero to it. Maybe $15K or so is more real, but it means more to me.

Looking for a 67 vette, basically just a shell in case you know anyone. I have another guy who builds corvettes, body work and interiors and the rest. Beautiful fiberglass work, but I prefer to find something straight and clean.

I have had situations for 68 and 69 vettes, but I still like the old stingray body style.

edit: to be clear, he offered me the $5k before he did the work, another $5k.

c

#27     Feb 23, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

You are correct. You needed valve cover gaskets often, a feeler gauge, and socket/ratchet for the solids to be adjusted. I had the typical red/black 70SS with LS6. It was such a badass! (In a straight line!) In turns, it was creepy. The sad part is I bought the car when I was out of High School, and later sold it for $9,800 in the early 90's.:(

Yes, I know. I should be shot considering what they're selling for now.:eek: :( $60,000 today-the sky's the limit for a matching numbers LS6 70SS...

I really miss stepping into the gas, and watching that cowl induction door open up as behind the car, two large strips of rubber were laid down.:(

Last, good choice on the new Boss 302! From what the guys on Top Gear showed with it, the car handles stunning, and is fast (a "monster" in their words), but not "a beast." I'd CERTAINLY go with the Boss over the Camaro, and Challenger they tested. I'd love to own a yellow and black new Boss. Good stuff!

#28     Feb 23, 2012
  9. I just noticed, if we keep chatting about cars, we might even get along and have some fun. So, no more cars, back to yelling and calling each other names. Kidding of course.

Is that 'Kumbaya" I hear again in the background?

No 'c' this time, keep everyone happy.

#29     Feb 23, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

I don't know, it's possible a Ford vs. Chevy fight could break out. : )

#30     Feb 23, 2012