Dohmen Research / Wellington Letter

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by JCDST1979, Mar 5, 2020.

1. JCDST1979

JCDST1979

Hi, anyone making use of any of these services? What's your experience? Would you recommend it?

The website is: http://www.dohmencapital.com/

mindStormer likes this.
  2. Dohmen has been around for a long time. Seems rather expensive... I don't know specifically of his track record. (Over the years whenever I've weakened and paid up for somebody's high-price service, I've been disappointed. Seems they all promise a lot to sell you but then under-deliver.)

If you want to spend $3,000 for a year of mentoring... I sampled "Ace Trades" for a few days. They basically do what I do... "trade around support and resistance with tight stops". I KNOW that works! One caution... you should trade with a towel handy, as he's always talking about "getting your feet wet". :)

FWIW...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  3. JCDST1979

JCDST1979

Do you know the Hulbert Financial Digest? http://hulbertratings.com/

This is his intro: Mark Hulbert knows which investment strategies are working, and—just as importantly—which are not. In fact, he’s dedicated his career—since 1980—to rigorously tracking the real-world performance of investment advisory newsletters.

mindStormer likes this.
  4. I know of Hulbert. His newsletter isn't geared much to "traders"... more "asset allocators" as a hoped improvement over Buy-and-Hold. Hulbert can track a newsletter's recommendations by receiving their letter and paper trading their recs... which is what Hulbert does to more-or-less audit results... and it's a LOT of work. That wouldn't work for traders, as to be accurate he'd have to follow advisors real-time... and that's magnitudes of greater work and expense.

Years ago when I ran my mutual fund timing service and was tracked/audited by Steve Shellins' Moni-Research Newsletter... there were about 225 services he tracked such as mine... we submitted quarterly/annual statements of all actual trades... which they then audited and posted results. Real-time trading results are waaaayyy more intensive than that.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    mindStormer likes this.