Dog lovers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Big AAPL, Jul 4, 2013.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Chihuahuas are usually a "personal" dog.
    They love the owner, but have little use for most others.

#21     Jul 5, 2013
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Oh, yeah...they're good in Taco Bell commercials, also.

#22     Jul 5, 2013
  3. Max E.

Max E.

exactly

#23     Jul 5, 2013
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Believe it or not, pit bulls can be great pets.
    However, I had a pit bull mix that was trying to attack me a couple of months ago when I was on my bicycle.
    I'm sure he would have caused severe injury or maybe worse if he had caught me.
    It was a really close call.
    I was literally peddling for my life.
    I now carry protection.

#24     Jul 5, 2013
  5. Max E.

Max E.

On almost every test pitbulls score at the top, in terms of intelligence affectionate, and loyalty, its the asswipe wanna be gangbangers who breed them to be aggressive who give them a bad name.

#25     Jul 5, 2013
  6. BSAM

BSAM

There's no bad dogs, only bad dog owners.

#26     Jul 5, 2013
  7. Max E.

Max E.

I agree.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DwI_qlq5vHs?list=PLeaOOqrH4LeKs0QTAi4kel_0HhpctVnvJ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#27     Jul 5, 2013
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

In 2005, I was thinking about getting a dog, but was working full time 8 to 5. I went to the local shelter to see how much doggie daycare would be if I dropped a dog off in the morning and picked it up after work. It was 10 bucks a day. (It's 20/day now) The guy asked what kind of dog I was looking for, and I told him something friendly I could hunt with, but no brittany. To hyper. He said I should check out the lab they just got in a few days ago.

The story is that an animal control guy saw the dog wandering in the ditch, and took it to the vet to have it put down. The vet looked at the dog and said no way. It's too beautiful to put down. So he vaccinated it and gave it to the shelter to be adopted. He was estimated to be 2 years old at the time.

So we go out back, get him out of his cage, and took him to the yard area. After throwing the ball for him a couple of times, he wouldn't leave my side. I took him home that day.

Here he is a few weeks ago, chillin in the vineyard:

#28     Jul 5, 2013
  9. Max E.

Max E.

Great story, awesome dog!

#29     Jul 5, 2013
  10. Awesome! Hope you have many years of happy times together.

#30     Jul 5, 2013