Doesn't this seem a bit excessive?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

YOU ARE A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. GROW UP.

#31     Jul 1, 2011
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I've never owned RIM/RIMM in my life. I did recommend RIM as a long posted here last year, specified a specific target and duration and it hit for a 25% profit. I recently recommended profit taking on a short, which would have short circuited profits. But it seems fairly obvious to me, to even consider that trade, you'd have been short RIMM making significant money.

Try to be logical here for a second. Why would I be considering the short position if I was long RIM ? Turns out I was neither, but I did seriously consider PUTs on RIM prior to the twice previous earnings report. Decided the premiums were too high.

#32     Jul 1, 2011
  3. Right, so you are nothing more than an armchair enthusiast.

It's no wonder you have a know it all in hindsight attitude.

You never put your money where you big mouth is.

#33     Jul 1, 2011
  4. Locutus

Locutus

-Deleted; why do I bother, you're obviously a genious so good calls m8 thx for the free money-

#34     Jul 1, 2011
  5. just curious

why would you really care what anyone says?! Sounds like you are really angry and ready to beat the guy with a baseball bat. WHY?

I never understand online anger. It's a joke if you really think about it philosophically. Particularly on a trading board where people need discipline. focus and control to do well. We all make "calls" or decisions that suck. That comes with the territory. Anyone who denies that is not being honest.

Sounds to me like you are "fighting" the wrong opponent. Why not put all that passion and effort/energy etc. into taking money out of the market ?! Who gives a s-t what others say or think.

I just returned to trading 6 weeks ago, after a 5 year sabbatical. I already made mistakes and missed a lot of moves in past 4-5 weeks; left 50 - 66% on the table on both up and down moves recently.

My goal???

To not to miss as much profit.... in the next 4-5 months. In other words to get better and profit more, each day. That's the formula for success LT.

bonne chance

#35     Jul 1, 2011
  6. nine_ender

No offense... but after 18 years+ I think I can make this comment...

... you are never gonna make any money trading with your attitude.

Trading is about character, courage and focus AND control of one's emotions.

If you get that angry on a message board how can you ever remain in control to make better decisions in always/usually chaotic, crazy, wild and uncertain... up and down markets???!

Worry a lot MORE about improving yourself and a lot LESS about "being right" or defending yourself or debating others who have contrary or negative opinions.

Just my 2c

#36     Jul 1, 2011
  7. iceman,

With all due respect, Nine-Ender showed up on this board and immediately started with the same "know it all in hindsight" attitude he still possesses. As you well know as a guy who has been trading 18 years, the only guys who seem to have the answer to everything are the ones who are still wet behind the ears.

Case in point, his lack of posts for the past week and then showing up after one of the biggest Pre 4th of July rallies we've ever seen. Same shtick, IMPLYING he knew all along to be long. Nevermind all the macro events or potential technicals at the time of the move. He implies that he knew all along and then digs up some random guys bearish posting from days earlier.

Hence, he is a complete coward and disingenous asshole.

#37     Jul 1, 2011
  8. you know what I learned from the 80s until now... ?

The market is the best teacher for so-called idiots... and IF indeed he is more than a troll, the market will teach him that there is a character flaw that must be corrected lest he loose everything... and I don't mean just money. I mean self-esteem, confidence and the like; as sadly for some, the market doesn't just take away dough.

You cannot trade successfully in my view and not have humility. You can be 150% confident in yourself but you must remain humble.

This is what I have learned.

#38     Jul 1, 2011
  9. I agree completely, which is why I can't stand this troll.

#39     Jul 1, 2011
  10. You haven't been around that much it seems. It is called a "holiday rally". There is a follow up usually when markets resume trading on Tuesday. Those that take an extra day vacation pay dearly for it.:)

#40     Jul 1, 2011