Doesn't anyone remember 2000?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Oct 11, 2007.

1. imo its better to compare 1929 or 1987 instead of 2k

#51     Oct 18, 2007
  2. A 0.5% down day should spur a memory of what exactly? Of other 0.5% down days we have seen before? :confused:

#52     Oct 19, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

its funny how everyone is so worried about the 20 year anniversary of the 1987 "DIP"....

There is no need to worry, the markets will rally today and everything will be fine, cnbc has repeated it about 4865 times this morning, everyone knows that the 22% dip in 1987 only created one of the biggest buying opportunities in HISTORY, so why the worries on this anniversary.....

#53     Oct 19, 2007
  4. This is the reason why mkts will continue to go up, because you and other fools still remember and keep harping on 2000
    when you start forgetting abt it, it will crash

the cycle is not yet complete

#54     Oct 19, 2007
  5. Joab

Joab

I watched on a 10 inch (green) computer screen as my clients (I was a broker at the time) portfolios dropped from 10 million to 4.5 million in 3 days.

It was a catastrophe on epic scale at the time.

:(

#55     Oct 19, 2007
  6. All the while you told them over the phone not to worry, "Stocks for the long haul! Investing, buy and hold (hope)."

Brokers, what a scam. At least back in the old days you could tell who the bandits were, wearing bandannas. In the late 90's they wore suits and ties.

Good Luck!

#56     Oct 19, 2007
  7. buylo

buylo

Sticking to the thread title. I was around but I drank too much so I don't really recall 2000.

#57     Oct 19, 2007
  8. patoo

patoo

I used to talk like you before April 2000.

I went from perma bull to mostly bull. and thats no bull!

Pull in your horns and strap on the seat belt.

#58     Oct 19, 2007
  9. I remember the bubble burst. In fact I was just starting out back then. Everyone and their Mom were yelling DOOMSDAY! AHHHH! It was a really great market to learn in. I personally love large retracements and downward spirals. They move big and do it a hell of a lot faster than holding indices or blue chips long. Word of advice to those who've only been around a few years, LEARN TO SHORT... and learn to love the market you're in because EVERY type of market brings money...

#59     Oct 19, 2007
  10. Joab

Joab

I'm not proud of it but that was the protocol back in the day (not much has changed).

That's ultimately WHY I crossed the river and became a trader. :)

#60     Oct 19, 2007