Does your prop platform have instant execution?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ArcticTrader, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Hi Don,

Is this on NYSE only or does it apply to NASDAQ orders as well. How does Market Maker effect executions at those times.

Thanks for any help
    Lukas

#11     Jul 19, 2006
  2. kbeck

kbeck

Geez, can't get a break, still trying to find those "wmd's" with me, eh? LOL.

Actually, I agree, the ARCA proactive will give instant fills, as I mentioned above for ECN's. However, ARCA does have MM's, and we have shown our traders to be careful when they see the bid/offer not get exectuted immediately, that it's simply a live person with the quote. Not a big deal....

All the best,

Don

#12     Jul 20, 2006
  3. Don't want to confuse anyone...and I've done this before, LOL. I set up one of our college guys for ET on one of my computers (the one I use in the classroom), and I guess the ET "cookies" stayed in there, so when I respond from that computer it thinks I'm Kevin...oh well, I'll try again to clear the stupid thing.

He still does some research for me as well...good guy. Don't want to "muddy" his name, LOL.

Don (still not using aliases)...

:eek: :eek:

#13     Jul 20, 2006
  4. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Just to update whoever is interested... it's definitely CyberXchange that is causing a lot of the delay with my software - when I hook up a hotkey to send a limit order 10 cents out of the market directly to INET for example, the fill is pretty much instantaneous.

I'd rather lose the $0.01 that it might cost me if INET isn't showing right at the bid/ask than take the extra $0.05-$0.10 it could cost and probably will me because CyberXchange is taking its sweet time trying to be "helpful" in placing my order at the so-called "optimum" exchange...

#14     Jul 20, 2006