Does Your Penis Curve? AUXL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Oct 17, 2011.

1. >>>>>>> DOUBLE SPECIAL ALERT >>>>>>>

Folks, I'm entering RIO at the open here.

reason: timing. I like the fundi story w/ RIO want a 1 year holding; kind of have to play off Freeport... I like this price... more later. ~stoney

#11     Oct 21, 2011
  2. nursebee

nursebee

This reads like a curved penis telling others to bend over for a pump and dump

#12     Oct 24, 2011
  3. Nurse Newbie

You will learn soon enough. Didn't I take you to the woodshed in your TSLA post?
    You showed bad form there too.

Hello All Good People!

Well it's Tuesday. I spent Monday going through some ideas. First I start with a germ of an concept then I run through fundamentals and then back door some technicals or at least find some charts that show real promise.

I have done all the work for you! Why I'm not sure. I try to help, I put my own ass on the line and I get responses like BeeNurse.

Anyway Lets Do This!

There is some confusion regarding ICON. The confusion stems from the fact that I thought I owned it, I had angst that it was down, I sent several emails in to the hedge fund asking about it-- no one clued in to tell me it never made it into the account. Fair enough. This is a Retail licensing name I have used before.

You probably noted as I did extreme strength in Retail yesterday. Some stores were making new highs like Macy's. There should be an second act to this move as retail stocks well off there highs move up. Enter ICON.

Iconix brands is an assimilation of brands that quite honestly don't thrill me. I'll list them later. This is more of a balance sheet story as the company is well run and is regularly seen trading at $22-$24 over the years. There it stops. So it has been a frustrating stock to own when I have owned it.

The difference now as we head into earnings soon is the stock is $18.80.
    My target after earnings then would be the familiar $21-$22 zone. That's a nice enough $3 trade, but if you draw an angle of ascent on this move you can easily see $28-$29LT on this name so It's a darn attractive buy here even if it's stable of designers is less than thrilling.

I think I am going to buy ICON today.

ok part of this move in retail is tied to the mood of the country. Suddenly things don't look so bad... the trouble is retail has ordered nothing for Christmas. We know this from a NY Times article on the West Coast Ports that portrayed them as beyond light of cargo in the heavy season....

Ok late surge of optimism means supplies must be shipped by air now to get here by Christmas-- that means a big run for Fed Ex up yesterday and perhaps in an offshoot air cargo play EXPD.

If the stk market is back to even now. Then most good stocks should be too.
    EXPD was $54 in January and it's $46.60 now-- in a simple way that gives me a target of $54 for EXPD and that's a quick $8 trade.

I think I am going to buy EXPD today.

As a third buy I am toying with two oil/gas plays-

MMR- Davey Jones play nat gas ultra deep frustrating stock too cheap at $12.45
    Target- $16

MHR- $4.60 Super Chart!
    Target-?

Lastly watching KSS, Kohls. If you took the time to look at 3 and 5 year charts you would see just a MASSIVE BASE FORMING and for that reason the stock may stall here and may forever stall here-- then again over $60 = $70 as they say so we can't let this name get away.

It's crossed several moving averages lately at is sitting at $54.
    Buy Point $55.75 WATCHING....

Alright that's today's action.

REGARDING THE ET PORTFOLIO--
    Here Is As It Looks Now...

RPM $22 (in at $18.75 w/ 4.8% div)

WPC $40 (in at $35.60 w/ 6.7% div 2 X Position A Top Holding*)

RIG $ 56.80 (in at- have to double check this one believe it may of been as high as $54! w/ 5.8% div)

I'm especially proud of those picks because they were all made here in real time and when the market was puking. So we grabbed yield but we did so in such a way that we also got appreciation instead of having a stagnant share price which is what would of happened in say VOD. Many Many Research hours went into those picks.

A stock I gave to scared and old investors CARTERS. is worth checking in on.
    CRI- $35.79 (in $32 here $29 in some accts)

Carters has done it's job for us it has made us some money despite the huge windfall declines and we have held it quite a while... now is when we have to ask ourselves do we hold for the one year tax break? Or do we move on to something sexier?

AVGO- $35.35. (in $31 & $33) This stock is the same story. Bought long ago how the heck did it not get halved in the sell offs? Yet will this now not be a good rebounder for those same stable reasons????

Ebay- I up and sold a few days ago. Didn't like the reaction to earnings. Small profit.

Ok, this pretty much forces me to talk about IPGP! For we are down god on this one! I'll do a whole look see later today. Unfortunately I've bought it a few times so lets get the cost basis straight which I'll do in short order. This high growth high tech name got slammed and I held it. There's another one I held spacing the name at present chips for buying crap through your cell phone... back on that.

I have a couple spec losers still in the ET & Personal Portfolio CIGX & UNIS and I'm double checking on ARBA & KEYN-- Not sure if I still own those--I have spastic sell days sometimes.

Anyway for such difficult conditions we are doing pretty good. ~ stoney

#13     Oct 25, 2011
  4. Investing is a humbling experience sometimes. I'm sure I'm not alone in this but I don't even check my statements when the market sucks. I just throw them in the closet. Not always the best strategy but it has kept be half sane through these last ten years celebrating DOW 10,000.

So Because I've decided to buy a few stocks here, I'm being forced to encounter some of our (see how I share the responsibility now!) mistakes.

Anyway- dear old IMMR is still there. If you don't remember IMMR was the feel good stock the motion joy stick wiggle wiggle tell you to jump stock that also had massive medical applications.... How the hell did I buy this at $8! I guess I should be happy it's only down a buck! @ $6.92 but who holds this type of stock when the world is ending?

ARBA Still in there and break even at $33. As is the market so we got us a good ole' market performer... which would usually be enough to sell for me but we do have a buyout in the space just this week.

KEYN Still got keynote and we are up $2. $21-$23... no biggie....

NXPI I found it. This damn stock. WE ARE down a fortune here.... just looking at the chart I am afraid to ask the cost basis. I'm going to have to. judging by time it's going to be way up at $22-$25 area and the stk is currently $18. Owch. Oh how we were going to save humanity by swiping our cell phones at objects to buy them blindly in stores and art galleries... this from a guy who doesn't even own a cell phone and can't stand people who stare at them all day. How did I get so lost here? There was supposed top be a VISA contract blah blah blah.

IPGP- Folks this is a great powerhouse tech story it just got slammed and I got slammed with it. Just looking at the chart I probably bought at $61 and it's freakin' $51 and still a great story. And you can ride a great story right into the grave.

GILD. I forgot to put that on the master list. just recently bought at $39

SGMS- Totally forgot about this... if I told you lotteries in Italy would you just burst out laughing. I would. Some dream of internet gambling here too. Down a buck at least.

Buy orders sent in for

ICON

EXPD

Buy 1000 of each if you can.
    Looking into the prospects for SGMS & IMMR as possible sells ~stoney

#14     Oct 25, 2011
  5. * * * * YOUR ET PORTFOLIO * * * * 16 NAMES! * * * *

You'll search far and wide on the net and wast a lot of money when it's all right here hidden on page 3 of Does Your penis Curve? Who would of thunk? * * * *

AUXL

RPM

WPC

RIG

MRGE

AVGO

IMMR

KEYN

ARBA

GILD

ICON

EXPD

NXPI (problem stock)

IPGP (problem stock)

UNIS (yet to check too scared)

CIGX (ditto)

>>>>>>

I just sold SGMS & CRI.

Watching:

KSS // MMR // MHR // ~stoney

#15     Oct 25, 2011
  6. Here are the fills... Got to love Merkal she farted badly and stocks sink world wide giving us 2% better prices.

In EXPD @ $45.75

In ICON @ 18.50

Well I've done what I can here. The world needs to save itself.

We have the 16 best stocks now lets just have a half good market!

I'll check back next week.

peace~ stoney

#16     Oct 25, 2011
  7. I forgot RIO!

17 names!

#17     Oct 25, 2011
  8. nursebee

nursebee

AUXL retreated from where it might have broken out of its long term trend of lower lows and lower highs. Most high volume days have been down. The shorter term averages (50 day) are below the longer term averages (200). It needs to undergo some institutional accumulation prior to moving hgher, and prior to my having any interest in it.

#18     Nov 3, 2011
  9. This is one of my great old threads Kudos to me-- made so much off the curved penis.... 3 years later

Endo To Acquire Auxilium Pharmaceuticals In A Cash And Stock Transaction For Approximately $2.6 Billion
    - Auxilium Shareholders to Receive $33.25 Per Share

#19     Sep 15, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Good grief. 9 years ago? I wanna' see stories of peeps who bought thousands of shares of AMZN at 5 bux. Hehe

#20     Sep 15, 2020