does your GRPN curve?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock777, Nov 3, 2011.

1. You cant short IPO's......Plus the float is so low market makers are scrambling for shares.....

#21     Nov 5, 2011
  2. the1

the1

Greatest business in the world? It's a novel idea but it's an easily copied business model. Competitors are present already. At some point businesses will be less reluctant to give their "stuff" away at 1/2 price because it doesn't guarantee return customers. Case in point, I grabbed a four-some for $26 per round this summer and it's not likely I'm going back to the course -- ever. It was a long drive but it was just too good a deal to pass up. Think that course will do that again if there's enough people like me? There's likely to be "hype" around the stock issue but as far as it being the Greatest Business in the World...nothing could be farther from the truth.

#22     Nov 5, 2011
  3. the1

the1

You are assuming the bargain hunters are not a one-and-done, which many are. See my earlier post.

#23     Nov 5, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

do a search and get a better broker while u are at it.

#24     Nov 5, 2011

5. You can not short on the first day of trading since there is no stock available for loan since no one is a holder of record until the stock settles....

#25     Nov 5, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

i am not sure that the statement is accurate especially at firms which were involved in the underwriting.

#26     Nov 5, 2011
  7. As determined by the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is in charge of IPO regulation in the U.S., the underwriters of the IPO are not allowed to lend out shares for short sale for 30 days. This is Series 7 stuff......

#27     Nov 5, 2011
  8. shmuck? another series 7 prop moron.

How long to this turd breaks ipo price? Not long.

#28     Nov 7, 2011
  9. groupon or Tampon?

i should get paid for this

#29     Nov 7, 2011
  10. it curves down mf.

#30     Nov 7, 2011