Does your broker help you be profitable ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Humpy, Nov 11, 2012.

1. #11     Nov 11, 2012
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

I agree.

#12     Nov 11, 2012
  3. not sure what your problem is. For a small time trader like me, I have no complaints. I doubt I could make it at any prop firm. Number one, I don't like trading stocks, and secondly, now that I am old, I like holding over night.

Laugh your ass off, but just remember, when you get old like me, you might need something to sit down on.

#13     Nov 11, 2012
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

You can easily determine whether you canceled the order or not by looking at the audit trail.

#14     Nov 11, 2012
  5. oldtime:get old like me, you might need something to sit down on.

how old are you.

#15     Nov 11, 2012
  6. If your broker knew how to help you be profitable, chances are they wouldn't be a broker, they'd be trading.

#16     Nov 11, 2012
  7. LOGIC-MAN:If your broker knew how to help you be profitable, chances are they wouldn't be a broker, they'd be trading.
    ---------------
    +!. Moreover, I don't need any advice about my short trade. I've been trading continuously since 1992.

#17     Nov 11, 2012
  8. not that old, but I get along ok with a decent retail broker. Not sure what kind of special deal you have to beat all us retailers.

#18     Nov 11, 2012
  9. jnbadger

jnbadger

Dude, you're pretty hard on yourself. "Making it" at a prop firm, IE Echo, Bright, etc, means having some capital and overcoming desk fees and commissions. Granted, many don't get there, mainly because of shitty outdated strategies, but if you're a little innovative, you can "make it"

But my point is that prop is no different from retail if you suck. But if you're good, put the balls to the wall with leverage. But that would take confidence. Hmmm...

#19     Nov 11, 2012
  10. Since 90% of clients lose money, the broker views his support role to be to a shoulder to cry on, or at least a friendly voice, while you continually send in more money and lose it.

The few winners do not care what the broker says or thinks and just want him to get out of the way and stay there.

#20     Nov 11, 2012