Does your Back hurt ? What do you do?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by philipjb, Nov 14, 2012.

1. zdreg

zdreg

anything that is upsetting/bothersome, both consciously and unconsciously, will affect your sleep if you use the laptop in bed.

#31     Nov 28, 2012
  2. My back is ok, I am conscious of posture but my right arm is all messed up from using the mouse. (forearm and nerves in the wrist and fingers) tingling /numbing. It sucks, I try all kinds of different things, rest helps it feel better but then it comes back right when I start using mouse again. A little off topic but does anyone else experience this or found a solution to the problem? I eat pretty healthy and exercise. So I can't think of anything else besides " don't use the computer"

#32     Nov 28, 2012
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

I was talking about using it during the day as opposite to sitting. Hell, he can even lie on the floor, that is nice and hard and still better than sitting all day. The best is probably to mix it up, half day lying, half day sitting. The important thing is though not to have your head put up high while lying down. That stretches the spine too much...

#33     Nov 28, 2012
  4. Visaria

Visaria

Use your other hand to control the mouse. We're talking about 3-6 months. Then after that, alternate between hands.

#34     Dec 3, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

sounds like carpal tunnel-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpal_tunnel_syndrome

how about during the night? awake on the middle of it and can't feel the hands? i've been there. they said-impossible to cure,i say-possible,but takes takes time and lot of effort

#35     Dec 3, 2012
  6. zdreg

zdreg

it is hard to believe that a trader would get carpal tunnel syndrome. it is not a monotonous data entry job.

#36     Dec 3, 2012
  7. foam roller, streching, and one of these.

[​IMG]

#37     Dec 3, 2012
  8. I've found that "Thrusting" on a daily basis helps. Maybe not with the actual pain. But it does seem to take your mind off the actual pain.

#38     Dec 3, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

carpal isn't necessarily something that you "get" via job.
    one can have weak wrists -> carpal for variety of reasons..
    if spotted before it's "too late"-it's can be treated easily with sets of persistent exercises. gliding exercises are ok(you basically stretch the nerve)..most effective that i've found is old fashion russian way-you put your hands into a buckets of hot and cold water and switch every minute between cold and hot.immediate relief. better than any pills.
    and any exercise that would increase the blood flow will help.like regular cardio..

#39     Dec 3, 2012
  10. Bob111

Bob111

i like her positions regardless..and that table too..:p

#40     Dec 3, 2012