Does your account manager know or remember you?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraderManiac, May 15, 2006.

Did your account manager seem aware of you during the first few contacts with him/er?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. I made my broker about $12,000 within the last 10 months of 2005. I consider myself as having been an exceptional customer. I was surprised to find out recently that my account manager has no idea who I am.

1. Does this seem reasonable to you?
    2. Don't account managers pay more attention to customers who make them more money?
    3. Is my account manager lying to me because of the situation referred to bellow?

This issue came to my attention when I was dealing with the situation stated on this thread:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68593

2. I probably paid IB $200-300K last year and don't really care if they know me or not as long as their system is up 99.9% of the time and the program has few/no bugs.

I don't know why Americans need so much ass kissing from those they do business with.

3. I'm not American, Canadian :). Anyway my broker prides itself on customer service, and justifies its higher commission fees on that.

BTW how you pay $200-300K in commission fees with IB is beyond me. You must be trading with tens of millions.