Does working hard really make you a good person?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TrAndy2022, May 12, 2023.

Drawdown Addict likes this.
  2. No, but keeps you busy, so you have less time for mischief and less time to be a nuisance to others. Like some like to say "the devil makes work for idle hands". lol

traderob, spy, TheDawn and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

I haven't heard many complain about Hitler's work ethic.

4. Innervoice

Innervoice

Working hard makes you a responsible person with self worth, ethics, and some morals opposed to soneone who is lazy and blames their problems on anything except their Laziness.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Nobert

Nobert

Working hard and smart and for yourself, while you like or even love what you do, is a furfilling life.
    Everything else falls under, just working.

Recently, was thinking about this concept of ,,working hard" and if to choose between working hard for someone else or yourself, the choice is easy.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    spy and murray t turtle like this.
  6. With the tax rates in some countries it doesn't pay to work hard anymore. Not unless you are going to make millions and then its worth it even after tax. But a middle earner, working hard for an extra £10,000, not worth it when you pocket only half of that or even less. The only work around seems to be to put it tax free into your retirement account.

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You are saying that if tax rates were zero, you wouldn't work hard for an extra 5k.
    That's the attitude that prevents people from being a millionaire in the first place.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. These are not good times to ask people to be hard workers. They see their parents with an awful amount of hours on their shoulders with not much to show off. So kids these days don't believe on that "working hard" mentality anymore and I don't blame them.

9. %%
    WELL working hard, working well is much better than lazy:caution::caution:
    IN USa, they designed a Roth account + back door Roth to be tax free .
    And common sense says , you use the roads ,you help pay some of the taxes. It's that simple.

10. deaddog

deaddog

I attribute much of my success to being lazy. I'll find an easy way to do something.

If you run into a brick wall you can keep banging into it until you get through or you can find a way around it or over it. I prefer to wait until someone else has found a way then follow them.

Work smart not hard!!

#10     May 12, 2023