Does wealth solve all your problems?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chaosclarity, Oct 13, 2011.

1. If you are over 35 in this thread, then you might know what I mean when I say health is better then money. If you have some sort of serious ailment then you would know what I mean. Quite honestly, anyone here who is in chronic pain or is diagnosed with something like cancer would gladly be poor in exchange for good health...

#11     Oct 13, 2011
  2. no, wealth does not solve problems. It appears to solve problems for people who believe wealth is the highest goal for mankind.

#12     Oct 13, 2011
  3. figure out what you got that you think is so great and give it to me and see if that makes me happy.

#13     Oct 13, 2011
  4. "that wealth does not solve all your problems..."

Maybe not, but you can delegate them to other experts that can worry about and work on them for you while you do more interesting activities.

Ex - has been
    Spurt - a drip under pressure

#14     Oct 13, 2011
  5. Tavis Smiley's recent comment:
    I feel sorry for these poor people. and I was once poor. But it's much better being rich.

#15     Oct 13, 2011
  6. Wealth simply gives you more options for solving your problems.

#16     Oct 14, 2011
  7. Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty. --Leo Rosten

#17     Oct 14, 2011
  8. Money cant buy an eternal life or a life full of energy and good health.

#18     Oct 14, 2011
  9. Rewrite, that is a great quote. Brings to mind the guy that quits his job and gives away all his possesions looking for happiness.

Money is like a vitamin, you need a certain amount to be happy, but more will not make you more happy.

Once you are happy, you realize that happiness is just a small part of life.

#19     Oct 14, 2011
  10. Agreed...and Steve Jobs witnessed this first-hand...but :
    "Wealth simply gives you more options for solving your problems."

that's the "upside".

#20     Oct 14, 2011