Does wealth solve all your problems?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chaosclarity, Oct 13, 2011.

1. If there is one "take away" from Steve Jobs death, its that wealth does not solve all your problems...

[​IMG]

2. TGregg

TGregg

It sure as hell doesn't hurt. :D

3. I don't think did it for the money did he?

Not at the start, maybe in the middle third, but certainly not at the end.

He was on a roll living his life as full as possible.

Who here can fault him for that?

Sadly, his life was cut short.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls it tolls for thee.

4. dloyer

dloyer

I was in Kenal Sq, near MIT the other day and noticed flowers and candals on the walkway.

They where around a inscription carved into the stone. The inscription was a quote from Steve Jobs.

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me. "

I was moved.

5. piezoe

piezoe

"I've been poor and I've been rich. Rich is better!" -- Beatrice Kaufman.

6. He would have been dead years ago without the liver transplant and all that without the money.

7. Does wealth solve all your problems?
    -----------------

If you have a problem that money can solve. Then yes.

Any problems you have that money can't solve, it is then a problem.

8. sle

sle

To quote my wife:

"if you think you can't buy happiness, you don't know where to shop!"

9. fully agreed,, also to add : if a person has a clue of what life is truly about , and how true happiness is fulfilled than you will know that money has nothing to do with it.

so to the o.p's question = wealth in the aspect of finance will solve absoluteness ZERO problems that truly matter in life if true happiness and fulfillment is desired.

but if your delusion is that materialistic benefits make you who you are, YES. you are set,
    not judging either way, but i think we all know the truth deep down and feel it every day.

10. "If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen."

- Henry David Thoreau

#10     Oct 13, 2011