Does trendline work?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by GloriaBrown, Aug 17, 2019.

1. I can only show a fragment within the confines of this message board. However, if you watch the market every day, that information is stored in your mind.

Then you can begin price analysis based on your recollection of the 3 stages of price action.

Price in any given time frame can be doing the following.

1) Trending.

2) Ranging.

3) Consolidating.

When I say higher time frame, I would for example mean say the daily or even more important weekly time frame.

So in the above example, Price after traveling down a bit was in a consolidation phase, getting ready to trend or break out higher since overall trend in higher frames is still biased positive. Trades can be made in the trending or ranging phases of the market but not in consolidation since that is sideways movement that will eventually break out to the upside or break down to the downside.

We would look at the possibility of bullish price action since the higher time frames are influencing the lower time frames.

Obviously, if a new report was about to come out, we would normally not want to be in a trade since we could get a spike either higher or lower.

Remember this is not an exact science so we can not be 100% right. However, with patience and waiting for the right opportunity while not trading if price has already either broken out or broken down, we can achieve a higher probability of success.

When this is done over hundreds of trades and years, we can achieve a level of confidence in the system.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    #131     Nov 7, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  2. Resto

Resto

Thank you, I understand your idea, I won’t bother you

#132     Nov 7, 2019
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  3. easymon1

easymon1

mr oraclewizard77, you got that right!

#133     Nov 7, 2019
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

gc 2019 1107 2144 30m.png gc 2019 1107 d.png gc 2019 1107 d9.png

#134     Nov 7, 2019
  5. easymon1

easymon1

nq 2019 1121 1318.png

#135     Nov 21, 2019
  6. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    #136     Nov 23, 2019
  7. easymon1

easymon1

8. Resto

Resto

These are not Wolfe waves, they do not correspond to the lines of the general trend, something similar to a folding meter, but the markup in this case is too primitive, what exactly gives you this set of lines on the chart?
    There is no real information other than a spider web

#138     Nov 27, 2019
    easymon1 likes this.
  9. rknas

rknas

I would recommend you take the time to draw several trend lines across several instruments and see for yourself whether they:
    a) react
    b) move
    c) make new highs/lows

#139     Nov 27, 2019
  10. trend lines is a great tool, combine it with other tools and it will give you a clear view of the market. I combine the trend lines with Bookmap to see where the trend holds- according to the book, or when there is an exhaustion

#140     Dec 1, 2019