Does trading run in your blood.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by KINGOFSHORTS, May 2, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Trading has been in my blood from the day that I understood that WIN stands for "Work Is Nonprofit" :) One of my antecedents was a diamond trader in London so yeah, trading is pretty much in my blood..... it's mental torture that I can learn to love... does that make sense in any psychologically sound sense of the word "sense"?

#11     Jul 9, 2008
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

trading runs through my blood, while money runs out of me account......:D

#12     Jul 9, 2008
  3. there is a progression, where someday you will not see it as exciting, but rather a grind, a profitable grind, but a grind nonetheless, and a profession ... but, yes i think those who do and last, in this industry DO have the markets on their minds 95% of the time. But, I would argue they are more COMPETATIVE in nature than addicted.

#13     Jul 9, 2008
  4. Some people confuse their gambling tendencies (addiction) with passion for trading.

#14     Jul 9, 2008
  5. My great grandfather bought his first seat at the CBOT for 25 bucks. My grandfather traded, and my dad, 2 uncles, and three cousins and myself are all in the business. I guess it's in my blood. However, my kid doesn't give a rat's ass about anything market related, and prefers to spend money as fast as possible.

Jeff

#15     Jul 9, 2008
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

so your kid is the smart one......:D

#16     Jul 9, 2008
  7. I don't know....He's a sophomore at Yale majoring in Classical Greek and Latin. I always tell him that he needs to learn how to say "Would you like to supersize that." as that's the only kind of job he will be able to get:)

Jeff

#17     Jul 9, 2008
  8. morreo

morreo

Hilarious, cause I asked to go to the bathroom in English, Junior year of high school so that I could buy 100 shares of Chipotle on the day of its IPO!!!

Also, I play a game with co-workers where they name a company and I say the ticker symbol and the price within 5%.

#18     Jul 9, 2008
  9. I learned quickly to say: "Bread is in Aisle 5." "Frozen vegie is in Aisle 2." I am a proud Wal-mart associate.

Your son will take a detour, eventually he will become a trader. After graduation, he cannot handle "supersizing" for too long, and he cannot find any other job, so the only thing left is day trading. Most of the day traders are rejects of the society

Don't attack me, I am one of them, ok?

#19     Jul 9, 2008