Does trading run in your blood.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by KINGOFSHORTS, May 2, 2008.

1. When I am not trading then I am doing research on companies, working out scenarios and planning for the next's day trading session. I have been interested in the stockmarkets,finance since I was around 11-12 years old. It is no longer a money issue since I do not have to trade for a living anymore but it is an enjoyable
    thing to do and the research part as well.

Pretty scary when you can quote last closing prices and tickers if someone asks you or provide market news and details. I read alot to keep abrest of what is going around in the world and how I can apply this knowledge to the markets. Anyhow so how many folks here hardcore into this ?

2. I used to have to get a "bathroom pass" from my teacher in High

School so I could run to the library and check the price for the 8

shares of apple i had at the time. DONT laugh!, its all I could

afford lol. :p

3. if you aren't trading for a living or making money every day

you are not HARDCORE.

4. What kind of research is required to do for being a successful trader?

5. I can remember when I was a kid, buying one or two ounces of silver at at the coin shop in my town, riding my bike home and checking the closing price in the newspaper that night when my Father came home. I was 8 years old.

I think the Hunt Brothers were safe.

Still love it.

-Prof.

6. Wow! I admire both of your spirit, cashmoney69 & Professional. You took risks at young age. How is the progress now?

Are you both full time or part time traders? Do you use any software? If yes, please tell which?

Wishing you the best! :) Three Cheers!

7. The title of your thread is the following...

Does trading run in your blood.

When I see such a statement or phrase, it's usually implies a parent or older close relative of the individual was also involved in the same thing along with the parent or close relative having impact on the person at a very young age while other kids/teenagers at the same age did not have as much of an interest in the same thing.

Simply, what looks like to them is natural or comes easy may be viewed by those on the outside as being hardcore.

Thus, if your parents had a strong interest in the markets, shared such with you when you were 11 or 12 years old...

I would say it's in your blood.

Mark

8. once you've been bitten by trading, its always in your blood.

9. Kinda like Herpes, huh?

10. I think it does. I mean, look at me, I don't know if anyone has been following my short lived journal, but for the past two days I have lost $240 from my $2k account, but I still want to do it today because I find it exciting, while I'm sure other kids in my high school would quit the first day they lost $. We did a virtual stock sim in my business class last year, and as far as I could tell, I was the only one who gave two shits about what happened to my account which is why I doubled it in two weeks while others were investing in Dow Jones Company, even though they had no idea it was a company, just thought it was that "famous index" they had heard about.

#10     Jul 9, 2008