Does this scanner exist?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Aok, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Aok

Aok

I've searched the archives and tried more trials than I care to admit.

I am looking for the following scanner:

-Server side based. Im not interested in managing a database. Or hosting a resource hog.

-User defined criteria that can be written on the fly and update as soon as they are written. Not written and then submitted and we'll get back to you. Limited by my imagination, not by your cookie cutter scans/filters. Simple scans: $ Winners and Losers
    complex scans: If, then statements. Staggered time frames. 30 min condition is true, search for this criteria on 1 min.

-No symbol limits. Multiple scans/windows open and running at the same time.

-Scans updated via last price or time based criteria. 1 min, 5 min, etc

-The ability to import my own stock list (ie, EOD search criteria) and create a watchlist to filter real time. Excel link would be great, but if not I'll type symbols manually.

-Preferably scan based/server only. Not bundled with a charting program.

-Cost? Try me.

Of all the scanners Ive used only two were close to this.

First Alert (long, long time ago) before they went to their current sales model.

and

Insight (and its resellers)

Close but no cigar.

Disclaimer. I use Trade-Ideas and Stockfetcher. Both are excellent and for the price, outstanding values.

Can anyone name a software/service that is a hybrid of these two or am I going to have to write my own?

Thanks.

2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I don't think writing your own will help you avoid managing a database.