Does this offer seem legit?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Locke, May 29, 2008.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Wow. Brings back memories of the good old days, the 90's :D

#21     Jun 10, 2008
  2. vimal09

vimal09

Hi you can also check the whois details of the website at http://www.whoisxy.com/ here they provide whois search which display all necessary information about the web site like owner of the site ,address.contact information etc..

#22     Nov 23, 2012
  3. Stick with firms that have good reviews and have been around for at least a few years. the whole online training thing doesn't involve the type of action and interaction you need to become successful trading. Is this office near you or is it a remote program? You have a better shot learning equities, although learning currencies is also something decent. You should look at it this way: a typical finance course at a private uni. costs roughly 4500. You should have similar learning expectations for forking over that type of cash except there will be no instructor, there will be other traders who you need to learn from. You gotta look at it the way you would any other business. Hold the place to similar standards. You are a customer to them if you paying a few grand. You should expect be treated like one.

#23     Nov 24, 2012
  4. Firms? Like somebody is going to offer you a job as a trader? Gee, I can't decide. I have two job offers. One is a job as a trader. The other is a job as a gigallo for the Dallas Cowgirls. They both sound pretty good.

I use to think traders lost money because they were undercapitalized, or had poor money management skills.

After hanging out on ET I realize most of the so called traders are so gullible, they have lost all their bullshit detectors (if they ever had one) and really don't have the sense they were born with.

It almost makes me want to start a bucket shop. I wouldn't shed one tear over all the money they lost, because they deserve it.

I once got hustled at a bus stop. A guy was walking around really agitated. He approached me and said he missed his bus and needed such and such and so and so and If I would loan him five dollars he would send me $5.50 in the mail as soon as he got home.

I told him, "Hey man if you are in a bind, I will just give you five bucks don't worry about it."

And then he knew he had a mark.

Then he started working his magic and appealing to my greed. Finally when he was done with me, all I could think about was this big check I was going to get in the mail and show my wife what a good investment I had made. I think he got me for like $30.

#24     Nov 24, 2012