Does this offer seem legit?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Locke, May 29, 2008.

1. How do you get all this information? Sure is interesting...

Their website is crappy as hell though!

#11     May 30, 2008
  2. absolutely, most definitely, a scam.

#12     May 30, 2008
  3. Locke

Locke

Once again thank you so much everyone - I would have felt like a real sucker had I gone through with it!

-Locke

#13     May 30, 2008
  4. cstfx

cstfx

Melbourme IT is the choice that Microsoft uses to register domains with their free Office Live web hosting service. Since MS is not a registrar, they have to use someone. Could have been GoDaddy. But in this case, Melbourne IT. They are also nothing more than an Domain Name vulture. They register names the second they can once their registration expires and then try to sell it back to original owner at inflated price for his laziness and stupidity for letting registration expire. (I was once lazy and stupid and it cost me over $200 to get control of my domain back.) Your reference to Australia means nothing.

Now the link below has the more accurate registration for this domain. It traces back to the swamps of Jersey.

Regards

• ddd.gif
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
    #14     May 30, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

what is FX-def.?

#15     May 30, 2008
  6. Matty Ice

Matty Ice

I am also pending an offer from this firm. I am going to do my research from some contacts I have but I did have some red flags go off when I was in the interview. The whole process seemed accelerated and far too "boiler room" for my comfort.

#16     Jun 10, 2008
  7. pbj

pbj

... trading FX - definitely can not overtrade

#17     Jun 10, 2008
  8. cstfx

cstfx

Just give it the old "duck" test. (or if you are a Cheech and Chong fan, the ole shit test)

#18     Jun 10, 2008
  9. BC guys don't join bucket shop fx operations. Run for the hills, young eagle!

#19     Jun 10, 2008
  10. Just about all of retail fx is equivalent of boiler room.

I mean, would you trade YHOO with a firm that quotes you say 26.25 x 26.50 during market hours and always takes the other side of your trade to boot?

#20     Jun 10, 2008