Does this law threaten the existence of every fund in the USA?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cutten, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ===========================
    Thoughtful points,T-net epecially your ''correction on Real Estate''/over hyped real estate'':D

Also agree with the other trader noting the difference in hedge funds & mutual funds, which are much more open, less fraud.

Also wonder if you would agree that MANY hedge funds & mutual funds are like a honest Dad with tough love;
    if the stock or son refused to act right-kick them out.So a bear trend i say, is helped by tough love, fund selling.

Saudi Arabia has refused to talk to CBN news, sometimes;
    but Iran said some time ago to CBN, ''the more the oil prices, the better''.

As far as using an Arab leader in a positive light-fine.Like what the king of Arabia had as a public solution for lower US gasoline prices-cut gasoline taxes!!!!!. Still looking for the US gas tax cut, but the king was right on lower gas prices.:D

#31     Dec 24, 2008
  2. timbo

timbo

The link is bad. I get an ad with britney with an Iq of 104; yeah right.

#32     Dec 25, 2008
  3. talknet

talknet

The original video is of a mob trying to Kill 2 people. This video has been deleted.

Here is another video link for Partnership or Group. This website has 8 - 10 "beheading videos" (people's head been cut-off completely).

These Beheadings has been carried out by Groups or Partnership of Islamic terrorists.

http://inhonor.net/videos.php

#33     Dec 25, 2008
  4. I'm having a problem believing all this "Clawback" shit.
    Does anyone know of any person serving time in a Federal Penitentiary for not paying his "Clawback" bill to a Federal Court?

#34     Dec 25, 2008
  5. talknet

talknet

The word "partnership or group" is very dangerous because when a person is alone he is scared, weak, vulnerable. But when the same person forms a group or partnership he feels bold, strong & aggressive (basically he is stupid).

Consider this example-: A single ant is harmless. But an army of ants is very dangerous.

Hedge funds and Mutual funds are like an "army of ants".

My name is "Mach" and Mach can crush an army of ants with his hands.

#35     Dec 25, 2008
  6. talknet

talknet

You are innocent. Do not worry you will not be tried in federal court for investing in a ponzi scheme which was beyond your knowledge.

But you will lose lot of money because law authorities will withdraw from your bank account principal + profit you earned from ponzi scheme. This will happen to all the investors of the ponzi scheme.

Later on the money will be refunded and investors will get 20% - 25% of original amount after 2 - 4 years.

I read about this "ponzi procedure" somewhere so I cannot confirm it.

#36     Dec 25, 2008
  7. talknet

talknet

#37     Dec 25, 2008
  8. You've just made a strong but idiotic argument for no government because a government is a way of collectivizing people - creating an army of ants.

I don't give a crap if you feel strong or weak. If you don't want to join an investment partnership, then don't. If you're not part of an investment partnership, then your opinion of that partnership is worthless.

#38     Dec 29, 2008
  9. All this clawback stuff refers to investment in a single pool like a hedge fund. That's the precedent set by Bayou.

Apparently, Madoff's investors were in managed accounts, not in a single pool like a hedge fund. Does the precedent still apply?

#39     Dec 29, 2008
  10. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

only hedge funds afraid of any 'regulation' is hedge funds that are involved in criminal activity or the partnership is a scam.

#40     Dec 29, 2008