Does this Dell Q8200 sound like a good deal for day trading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mizhael, Feb 11, 2009.

1. You could trade futures using a celeron or P4. Unless you need to see 100 graphs, there is no need to have a monster PC under your desk.

Many traders that make $$$$ do not have $3K computers. There is no need to deliver pizza in a Bentley when a regular truck will do.

#11     Feb 11, 2009
  2. Hi folks,

I am thinking of the following:

Getting 2 reasonably fast and cheap desktops instead of 1 superfast desktop, each connected with 2 monitors.

The combined performance/cost ratio for the 2-PC plan will be better than that of the 1-PC plan.

But then transferring data between these two PCs will be a big hassle.

Pros and cons?

#12     Feb 11, 2009
  3. I've read through a bunch of your posts and can't believe some of the questions you ask.

For what it's worth, Gnome is right.
    If you have trouble coming up with another $300 in order to get the kind of computer necessary to actively trade with, then you really shouldn't be anywhere close to the markets.

I'm sorry, but does someone at ET pay you to "make-up" these posts in order to generate web activity?

#13     Feb 11, 2009
  4. I wish, man! I wish, so that I can make some money at least.

#14     Feb 11, 2009
  5. Yep, I am a college student and started my trading from $500, borrowed from parents. It's not a shameful thing to admit that I am still with tight budget. And I just managed to breakeven so far with mediocre trading profits. I just want to do budget control well. What's wrong with my conservative cash flow attitude?

#15     Feb 11, 2009
  6. Btw, don't be so mean in your life man! If you want to have big successes, you need to have a big heart!

#16     Feb 11, 2009
  7. gnome

gnome

Nothing, but hardware is the least important part of trading.

#17     Feb 11, 2009
  8. Thanks a lot Gnome!

#18     Feb 11, 2009