does the money make you happy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Money buys freedom to do what you want...where you want...when you want...

I have had Bentleys...own several houses in different countries...have chased more women...and I have been able to help people because of it...

And yes...money provides freedom and happiness if you use it wisely....

Was born poor...was rejected most of my life many times because of the lack of it...and had family die because of the lack of it...

And yes if you are a self made person...and rise above the wealthy who are not self made...were born with it etc...it is fucking satisfying as all hell...

Personally...I owe gratitude to the US markets...and now in particular to the Townsends and Gerald Putnam for creating the tools that make my success possible.....

#31     Dec 17, 2005
  2. Cashmoney, How much is "MONEY"? and I mean that in liquid net worth terms.

#32     Dec 17, 2005
  3. Cheese

Cheese

.. do you still wear less than the most expensive shoes?

#33     Dec 17, 2005
  4. If the word "MOSTLY" don't apply to above sentances, Then
    you shouldn't be bothered much if someone shoot whole that family to death

#34     Dec 17, 2005
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

The last thing i need in the world is a 10k sized house. What a waste of money and space. i like some nice things as well as the next guy, but to be a show off is not my style.

If you want to have other people think you are worth more than you really are do this.

Dress well, dry cleaned and pressed well, great shoes (chicks check out the shoes, :D ). But again to show off is for the folks that "DO NOT HAVE IT, BUT THINK THEY DO"

The challenge of daytrading is to look at that screen and knowing you are playing with the worlds best SP (ES) traders, the best minds in the business etc. That is fun, especially when you take some of their money....:D

Every morning wake up flat and check the guns and ammo pouches, make sure the canteen is filled and the stomach is lined with brass. Then "LOCK AND LOAD"......:) :D

But to the gist of the question; it depends on the individuals utility of money. So it would be like trading, what works for one might be useless to another.

#35     Dec 17, 2005
    #36     Dec 17, 2005
  7. omniscient

omniscient Guest

good examples Nana. if money truly leads to happiness, a lot of lottery winners go through a lot of effort to be unhappy, since many end up filing for bankruptcy.

http://www.lottoreport.com/AOLSadbuttrue.htm

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2000/05/22/editorial1.html

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2005/commentary05020401.htm

too often people try to keep shoving money into a void that will not be filled with it. also, any vices or dependencies become exaggerated with increased level of financial 'freedom'.

don't get me wrong ... i ain't in this just for something to do. :D just like any other career, i seek financial gain/reward from my efforts. i'm just not willing to go forward with the idea that "Once i get X dollars, i know i will be really, truly happy."

money provides certain freedoms. freedom is expensive. if you know that from the beginning, you'll be ahead of many people, regardless of their financial status.

take care :)

omni

#37     Dec 17, 2005
  8. I see lots of people are all on the same track :)

Just to add something that has not been mentioned.

Once you have reached past a point I'd say $1.5-2M+ where your living income is guaranteed regardless of whether you work or not, You have now reached the top range of happiness (that is if you are happy already).

Theres different levels of happinesses.

When I was stepping up, I was very hungry, in fact, you may think I'm hungry now, back some years ago, I would probably be a starving cat in NYC in 20 degree winter weather under a shed looking for scraps.

The constant thought of where you are in your reaches of your first million

is stress beyond imagination.

In fact every single dollar, single thousand, 50 thousand, 100 thousand you make during your ventures did not make you any closer to the first million because you are so close yet so far away.

This creates an insane amount of stress because no matter what you do, you still have a long long way to go.

Once you have reached the magical number, and over, and have created a sense of "SECURITY" for oneself which all humans crave.

It truely takes you to another level of calmness and happinesss.

<b>Stress free happiness.</b>

The highest level of happiness achievable.

I don't regret the immense stress when struggling because thats what makes the man.

On a similar thought,

Money only enhances everything you have in life,
    So If you couldn't get a hot girl before you didn't have money, you won't be getting a hot girl after you have money without paying, which is fine btw.

But if you could get one before, oh , the beauty you will be pimping after.

:)

#38     Dec 17, 2005
  9. Hello pll
    I think money can not buy happiness but it can surely buy the form of misery

#39     Dec 17, 2005
  10. Thousand

Thousand

Personally, it is not money that motivate me to trade. I trade because I want to compete and win at this "game."

Right now, I haven't made enough to buy a Ferrari yet, but when I do, I'll most likely use that money to trade and try to make more money.

I have to admit that money does make me feel secure, but not exactly happy. What would make me happy is having the ability to make a million dollar. Even if I loose it, I'd still be happy because I know I'd be able to make it back. As well, there aren't many people out there in the world who can say that they have made a million dollars. Being one of those very elite people who can make a million dollar would make me very happy.

#40     Dec 17, 2005