does the money make you happy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Dec 17, 2005.

1. I know this might seem like a really personal question, so I want to first say "thank you" to all that respond to this post.

It's no secret that the profits from day trading can be astronomical for those that are successful.

For those of you that ever dreamed about the Ferrari, 10,000 sqt house and all the things you ever wanted BEFORE you started day trading, and now have the $$$ to do those things...are you happy?

or do you wish you stuck with your previous job?

people in my family always say
    "money doesn't make you happy"
    ...the funny thing is that they have money and they are miserable, but the way I see it, money offers:

1. Options
    2. respect (somestimes)
    3. convenience
    4. and Prestige

am i blind to reality or do you agree with me?

thx for your posts :)

2. I'll answer later, because I don't want to shut the thread out with my closing post :)

3. pinabetal

pinabetal

Money doesn't make you happy but it has been known to cause a smile or two!:) :) :) :)

4. omniscient

omniscient Guest

i have not arrived at the 10k sf house with his and her ferraris so my perspective may be a bit different from those who have arrived. having prefaced my response here it is ...

in order to be happy you have to believe you deserve to be happy. money, cars, houses, boats, whatever it is, well, the same thing applies. if i don't truly believe i deserve to be happy no amount of money or cars or square footage will change that. so assuming i feel i deserve to be happy i then have to feel like i deserve to receive / be 'given'/ keep the money from trading.

so money won't make me happy. and happy won't make me money. i'm responsible for both seperately.

take care :)

omni

BTW: some of the most money-rich people i've known are also some of the most happy-poor people i've known.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

You are forgiven for your happiness and your successes only if you generously consent to share them. - Albert Camus

6. Cheese

Cheese

The idea of wanting some money or more money or a lot more money makes the individual happy. And that is all you need to know.
    That way you never need to learn that money or any particular amount of money is not going to make you or anyone else happier.
    :)

7. timmyz

timmyz

money does not make you happy but it does keep you from having to worry about a lot of things (e.g., your future, how to make more money, locked into a dead end job, etc.), so you feel more relaxed when you have money and things don't bother you as much. in this sense money does make you happier.

also keep in mind that people who have always had money are completely oblivious to what it's like to not have money. so when these people tell you money doesn't make you happy, they really don't have any clue what they're talking about.

8. MTE

MTE

Money may not make you happy, but try living without any for a while.....

9. :D

10. Cheese

Cheese

You hit the button.
    Happiness is a choice.
    Making money is a quite separate matter.

A common observation is that there are f**ked-up miserable mothers without much money just as there are with decent money or an awful lot of money.
    :)

#10     Dec 17, 2005