Does the midday lull still exist?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SimpleSimon, Apr 27, 2003.

1. I was wondering what some others thoughts were on this. As markets become more and more electronically and globally traded, does the standard midday lunch hour still apply? I take a break and eat when I'm hungry not necessarily at 12:00 eastern as I'm sure others do. Volume still shows heavier in morning and late afternoon but I have noticed moves materializing midday that have staying power. Depends on what your trading I suppose.

2. silk

silk

Most day traders will tell you its a sad existence right now. Its a swing traders market. I'm overtrading right now and seeing my P/l churn and slippage away.

3. Scalpin' works ok...

4. Just checked out your site and what is up with Brother Hitman R.I.P.

5. Banjo

Banjo

Just checked out your site. Ahh, the boundless exuberance of youth, rock on dude. Get all you can wherever you can, now is the time.

6. I recall a saying

"The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity" :(

7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes, there is a drop in volume usually during the midday. As far as trading, there can be tradable moves. But it is more likely you will get caught in chop because of the low volume.

There is nothing standard about this market though. If you want to eat lunch at your desk, go ahead and trade it. I like a little break in my day myself:)