Does Terrorism Effect Your Trading?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gamalruach, Mar 24, 2004.

1. then your vote in the next upcoming election should reflect your convictions. Its a democratic country for people with a free will. AND: Let's face the truth: No single country in the world (and the U.S. is certainly included) has ever sent its own people to wage a war for unselfish reasons or humanitarian reasons. It has always been that self-interests were the main motivation, there is no single exception to it (no WW II, no pacific war, no vietnam war, no intervention in the Kosovo, no interventions in Somalia, in the Middle East, and certainly not in Iraq, and Afghanistan). All, people are demanding is that a country getting their nose into every major world conflict over the last century is showing its cards instead of pretending it was for world peace. With a change in attitudes, many U.S. interventions would be well understood and respected. I guess people are just sick of lies and pretentious behavior. That's all.

#21     Mar 25, 2004
  2. traderob

traderob

Hmm, did anyone else think my signature was something other than an analogy of a good trader ?

#22     Mar 25, 2004
  3. ...a gathering place for some small wanna-be militarists. I am outa here.....

(Oh yeah, same analogy than "daytrading guerilla tactics"???) LOL

Peace!!!

#23     Mar 25, 2004
  4. You mean to say that you can't cite a single instance of a country that was attacked and therefore needed to defend itself? Gee, how stupid of the U.S. to wage war after the attack on Pearl Harbor. And how stupid of the U.S. to stop the massacres in Kosovo. Geez, what a horrible country!

I guess technically you're correct -- they defended themselves for humanitarian reasons because they didn't want to DIE.

LOL!

#24     Mar 25, 2004
  5. mind

mind

take me with you.

peace

#25     Mar 25, 2004
  6. I could not resist to contribute this last post.

PoundTheRock,
    guess you did not read carefully enough. I did not say that the U.S. never waged war to defend itself. What I said was that the U.S. never waged war or intervened militarily for unselfish reasons. Defense is clearly a selfish reason (selfish may sound negatively biased but look it up in the dictionary). So, not to create confusion, I guess ultimately we are talking about the same thing and after re-considering my last post I believe you will agree......

Ciao, Hastalavista, Saionara, and Tschuess!!!

#26     Mar 25, 2004
  7. Please check the PM I sent you.

Neal
    :)

#27     Mar 25, 2004
  8. I just got a notice of a PM from someone.

When I clicked to view it, for some reason it did not show up.

So, I don't even know who it was from. Please resend it.

Japtrading maybe?

#28     Mar 25, 2004
  9. VOLUME

VOLUME

Profile For gamalruach Search for all posts by this user.

Date Registered: 03-09-04
    Total Posts: 237 (14.77 posts per day)

15 posts per day? Do you even trade or just surf the net and bitch about politics?

#29     Mar 25, 2004
  10. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

agreed... seem to be more wrapped up in geopolitical issues than trading, and markets...

#30     Mar 25, 2004