Does T3 ever provide capital, or just better leverage? I don't use more than 5x anyway.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Risepoint1879, Jan 28, 2019.

1. I trade at another JBO firm, I know my firm backs traders in various ways.

Just because you have more BP doesn't mean you are inherently risking more of your capital per trade.

#41     Feb 4, 2019
  2. If I'm not using the buying power, what's the point of the prop firm?

#42     Feb 4, 2019
  3. Technology, support, rates, and firm backing.

#43     Feb 4, 2019
  4. Bekim

Bekim

Is their anyone with T3 right now that likes it there and can explain a little about the fees and commissions they pay. I see some horror story's online, not sure if they are true or not?

#44     Feb 6, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

Sorry to put you on the spot, @Patrick_AZ, but maybe you can provide some general idea of how things work? Or maybe ask Sean to become a sponsor here?

#45     Feb 6, 2019
  6. Palindrome

Palindrome

Question on T3, I'm assuming you get a 1099 as an independent contractor?

Also, if you trade futures, does the tax benefits you get from trading futures flow through to when paying your income taxes?

Anyone know how that works from a tax perspective?

#46     Feb 15, 2019
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If you are a member of T3, you get a K1.

#47     Feb 15, 2019
  8. I don't think SMB opens retail accounts with a deposit. They hire and back all their traders and take all the downside risk.

#48     Mar 8, 2019
  9. MyNinja

MyNinja

What's the max leverage they give you in a prop firm if I may ask? Wondering if retail traders could access those kinds of leverage. The most I've seen is with 6x with tradezero.

#49     Jun 28, 2022
  10. H2O

H2O

As mentioned in the post you quoted, I traded firm capital only. Risk management set my trading limits based on my trading style (and I assume on overall firm exposure). "Leverage" therefore didn't exist for me.

I know other traders at that firm traded their own capital, but I don't know the details of their leverage constraints - although I understand meaningful leverage was provided depending on individual traders' risk.

#50     Jun 29, 2022