Does T3 ever provide capital, or just better leverage? I don't use more than 5x anyway.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Risepoint1879, Jan 28, 2019.

1. I am personally checking out SMB. T3 is first loss, which means that no matter how much buying power they give you, your actual equity is on the front line for losses. How can I risk a 15% drawdown on $300k buying power, when my personal equity of $20k takes the whole hit? The buying power is useless to me at that point.

SMB takes 30-40% of profit, but they give you all capital, and don't mark up commissions. They told me they're getting .0007 per share.

#31     Feb 2, 2019
  2. qlai

qlai

Aren't they part of T3? How can rhth offer better terms?

#32     Feb 2, 2019
  3. Bekim

Bekim

That’s why I was looking to get in with no security deposit which they said was possible

#33     Feb 2, 2019
    Risepoint1879 likes this.
  4. Bekim

Bekim

SMB gets all there capital from kershner not T3

#34     Feb 2, 2019
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I met with Seth Freudberg, Head Trader of SMB Options Trading Desk back in 2011 when he joined SMB to set up their option education. I was looking to offer brokerage to the group. He was located in T3 offices and told me they would likely leverage their relationship when they start. Unless there have been some change of ownership, he told me at the time that T3 was involved in the backing and plans. They were looking to charge for training at the time, then back traders they thought could learn. That was 7 years ago, so the model and backers could have changed.

#35     Feb 2, 2019
  6. Does SMB use Lightspeed?

#36     Feb 2, 2019
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm not aware of any relationship with SMB, and if there were, I would not be able to tell you. If you are asking if they use the platfrom Lightspeed Trader, that would not be a question for me, but Sterling Trader Tech, the owner of Lightspeed Trader.

#37     Feb 2, 2019
  8. Ok. I get that, but just be more patient and utilize proper compounding methods. It’ll pay off in the long run. The math works out in your favor, especially if your returns are near three digits, as you claim. Even if the prop firm offered 90%, they’ll keep taking that 10% when your account doubles, triples, quadruples, and so on. Not pissing on your party, just trying to give you sound advice Shqipo. Good luck either way.

#38     Feb 2, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. Bekim

Bekim

Yeah but it’s not like you have to trade just their account, you can trade both.

#39     Feb 2, 2019
  10. I guess you can, but you’ll have higher data costs as a registered professional. Try it out. Peace

#40     Feb 3, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.