does swift have a edge with nyfix?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Steelhead, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Babak

Babak

dude, calm down. I wasn't sure if NYFIX was the same firm as millenium.

#11     Jul 13, 2006
  2. ShawnyV

ShawnyV

This place never ceases to make me laugh my balls off. When people aren't talking about how Swift is the worst firm in the world, or saying that the traders are like chimps on a keyboard, they're making posts like this, with what I'm sure is supposed to come off as a sage warning, but really just comes off as a jealous, juvinile plea for information.

Juicy, you must be making some AMAZING money as a trader if you think you have *ANYTHING* of value to contribute to the swift nyfix traders...

#12     Jul 14, 2006
  3. Juicy

Juicy

First off, I'd like to apoligize for my earlier comments. The comment was patronizing. That being said, I have explored the swifttrade model, read a MBA thesis on it's and quite frankly, I have been very suprised with it's continued success. I wont' take anything away from a model that netting one or two of it's offices in excess of $2 million a month. No one can; I agree with you, for all the glib talk on here, Swift trade has done incredibly well.

I said I joined elitetrader only to here this answer. People have alluded to it on this board that Swift Traders have been using NYFIX to work in a market maker fashion and I'm curious about it. How are people at Swifttrade using the NYFIX book to generate huge profits day over day? Is it true the company has been delisted? Will this 'window' remain?

I don't expect I'll hear an answer.

#13     Jul 14, 2006
  4. ShawnyV

ShawnyV

Probably a good expectation. If you had an edge, I doubt you'd be telling people about it either. I don't expect the really successful Swifties to divulge their edge to me, just as I wouldn't divulge my edge to anybody else.

#14     Jul 17, 2006
  5. wz7ll9

wz7ll9

word to that!

#15     Jul 21, 2006