Does speed of market/momentum actually matter?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by iamnewuser911, Aug 18, 2016.

1. You are setting up a strawman.

My comment is based on your assumption that volume is always present and is the only way one can trade momentum. It isn't, and people do trade momentum in FX.

If you suffer attention deficit, or comprehension difficulties, go back and read slowly.

It has nothing to do with what is traded.

It has everything to do with your assumption that all momentum comes with volume and there is volume in all instruments.

You didn't qualify that volume = momentum applies to certain instruments, so since we can't read your mind, how are we to know? You should specify what instruments your absolute statement applies to. Don't expect us to read your mind, we don't all trade what you do.

And you don't need to be obnoxious with the name calling.

I'm simply pointing out facts.

Like Savant, I don't think of myself as a hotshot, but if you think trading FX makes me one, thank you.

Yes, FX is fascinating, global macro, technicals, a huge never ending jigsaw puzzle.

What do you trade by the way? ES or NQ only, the same thing every day?

#51     Apr 28, 2017
  2. Many don't trade fx. Most wannbes make the assumption everyone is trading same underlying. And then name call . So you know where you can stick your facts!

#52     Apr 28, 2017
  3. I'm glad you now realise your error in assuming everyone trades the same underlying as you do, one with volume.

I'm pleased I managed to show you this is simply wrong. I mean, how silly to think momentum can only happen with volume.

Don't be too harsh on yourself. While you might think that simple error makes you a wannabe, it's just an honest mistake from someone with limited experience. Try a few more instruments, broaden your horizons. Don't be the proverbial frog under the coconut shell. All will be well.

#53     Apr 28, 2017
  4. I won't argue with you, I made my mistake based on your comment but you failed to identify your errors multiple times. I don't read minds like FX traders, eventually you may bring down a bank on your assumptions. So far you're the only one that says fx trades on momentum without volume. You definitely beat me with all your experience.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    #54     Apr 28, 2017
  5. Oh dear, you do have multiple problems. Never mind, all will be well in the end.

Read the exchange from the start. Refresh your memory. See who made the assumptions. Hint, momentum comes with volume.

Now about FX. You really need to broaden your horizons. FX doesn't trade on a single exchange so there is no volume in the way you know it. When a broker offers you a volume indicator, it is only volume transacted through their brokerage. A bit like your worldview, you only trade 1 instrument so everything is like that. Well, sorry, it isn't.

Don't worry about FX traders going broke, I mean just look at Soros. Going broke has nothing to do with what you trade, it's all about understanding and managing risk.

Learn about risk, embrace it. Once you do you'll have the courage to trade more than one instrument.

You still haven't told us by the way. What do you trade? ES, NQ? Let me guess, it must be ES, every newbie says they love the liquidity of the ES, makes sure the 1 contract they trade doesn't cause massive slippage.

#55     Apr 28, 2017
  6. I don't care about fx. You should have qualified your comment with your underlying. But you didn't. That's what lead to my error, you stupid jerk! I admit my error based on your exclusion. Now admit yours you sob or shut the fuck up!

#56     Apr 28, 2017
  7. Steady on now, you posted about volume and momentum before I even read this thread, so don't blame me for your errors.

OK, maybe we've rushed things a bit. Let's deal with one of your issues at a time.

Read this and think deeply.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

#57     Apr 28, 2017
  8. You read it. I won't argue with you, you beat me with your assumptions, exclusions, mind reading and experience.

#58     Apr 28, 2017
  9. Dear me, well, if you really don't want to change, horse to water and all that.

Have a good weekend, I'm off to the supermarket.

Cheers.

#59     Apr 28, 2017
  10. read this, I don't trade FX, I don't care about FX. Get it. Qualify your comments and statements with your underlying next time to avoid being called out on your lack of knowledge. You may not trade momentum and volume. Others may. Who are you to say momentum does not include volume for everyone. Many fx traders on this list, you're next.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/BUSINESS/09/15/unauthorized.trades/

#60     Apr 28, 2017