Does speed of market/momentum actually matter?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by iamnewuser911, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Good Lord.

#41     Apr 27, 2017
  2. You can pray all you want, it won't help with your TA. lol

#42     Apr 27, 2017
  3. iamnewuser911,
    There is more than one way to skin a cat....

Your set up can be managed. Use trade management. Enter with your buy stop, sell stop, limit orders...etc...then scale out with multiple exits according to a 14D ATR (EUR/USD is your base ATR). This way when your range doesn't give you what you want...at least you have smaller losses. You can be profitable with a 30% winrate from what I can see from your sample charts and what you are trading.

Take what the market can to give you...

ES

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    #43     Apr 28, 2017
  4. With all due respect, not necessarily.

There is no volume in spot FX, I rely on other markers to signal momentum building.

Also, in the same way a low volume market can move relentlessly against you and stop you out, periods of low volume can result in high momentum if supply/demand are not in balance.

All about AMT.

#44     Apr 28, 2017
  5. Then everyone should qualify each comment with whatever they are trading. In general, momentum trade is followed with volume spike. Otherwise it's just normal daily activity. But you hotshot fx traders may never understand, your trading without volume.

#45     Apr 28, 2017
  6. I trade FX, CME futures, DAX and Bund.

Don't be so presumptuous and dismissive.

#46     Apr 28, 2017
  7. I do not consider myself a hotshot :)

But Thank You...

ES

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    #47     Apr 28, 2017
  8. back at you! Have everyone qualify their comments with symbol details. Everyone will know fx traders do not consider volume a momentum signal. lol

#48     Apr 28, 2017
  9. This is precisely my point about your being presumptuous and dismissive.

You are a typical member of the ET 'There is Only One Way' brigade. Those too shallow to see there are indeed many ways to skin a cat.

FYI I understand Volume Price Analysis and use it for short term trading the DAX and Bund. I have an algo that works out threshold volume levels and marks them on the volume region in Sierra Charts.

Unlike you, I managed to figure out how to identify momentum when I don't have volume to lean on, and I use that for FX and swing trades.

The only reason I responded to you was this statement. ET is too full of fanatics and their absolutes, you being one of them.

Momentum trading does not necessarily have increased volume.

Back to a point I made earlier, study AMT.

Momentum can happen because there is insufficient volume to meet demand.

#49     Apr 28, 2017
    Simples likes this.
  10. Your comment is based on others reading your mind and know what you are trading. And you call others presumptuous? Hotshot fx trader wannabe typical mo ...

#50     Apr 28, 2017