Does Russia want a nuclear war?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kandlekid, Apr 28, 2022.

1. notagain

notagain

Ground blast nuclear = radiation forever with mutants eating each other.
    Doomsday weapon would be a plutonium shell hydrogen bomb, ground burst.
    They would rather use high altitude nukes to fry electronics, EMP attack.

#11     Apr 28, 2022
  2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Dealing with mafia gang types is the same in all cultures. They try to convince you they have an asymmetric advantage so you feel fear.

Putin is crazy, he is sick, obsessed with legacy and has nothing to lose bla bla, better be nice to him.

So you deal with them as a state does with any criminal gang.

As for an EMP, have a look at where near all of Russia's population is all up against the rest of Europe.

52ald7t81ub71.jpg

90 percent of Russians are a much smaller target than you imagine for an EMP, two of which can catastrophically damage the whole US.

Screenshot_20220428_095724.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    #12     Apr 28, 2022
    Nobert likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Doomsday weapon would be the Tsar bomba. Who knows? Putin could have hundreds of these things by now. 60 years is a long time to accumulate this shit.

#13     Apr 28, 2022
  4. If the USA can unload a few nukes on Japan, I would assume Putin can unload a few himself.

#14     Apr 28, 2022
  5. Nobert

Nobert

Way less targets than in EU, US and AU combined.

Their locations (& putkas including) are known 24/7 and UKs intelligence said, that those gangsters would be the first ones to suffer the dirrect hit. With a special war head to penetrate that bunker/where ever those krisas could be.

#15     Apr 29, 2022
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  6. …If someone decides to intervene in the ongoing events from the outside and create unacceptable strategic threats to us, they should know that our response to those oncoming blows will be swift, lightning-fast,” he explained.

“We have all the tools to do this. Tools that no one except us can brag about. But we’re not going to brag. We’ll use them if such a need arises,” the president added, without specifying which tools could be deployed…”

https://www.rt.com/russia/554619-putin-strategic-threat/https://www.rt.com/russia/554619-putin-strategic-threat/

western civilization.png

hypersonics.png

Does the “man who shakes hands with air” want this?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    #16     Apr 29, 2022
    #17     Apr 29, 2022
  8. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

16 months ago the country was at peace and was prosperous.

#18     Apr 29, 2022
    Nobert likes this.
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Another day, another threat of nuclear war from the Kremlin and its mouthpieces...

#19     May 2, 2022
  10. I continue to think Russia will carefully measure its responses to any escalations by the US in that regard. As an example, I don't believe Russia would unilaterally attack the Aegis Ashore installations in Poland and Romania - unless those countries escalate to a direct kinetic provocation. I am on record (Martyanov again) that I think what Putin wants is to put strategic weapons in Ukraine on the Polish border to counter those weapons - and nothing more, at least in regard to that particular issue. However, I can certainly see that in the event of a more kinetic escalation that Putin might use that opportunity to attack those installations. That would depend on his calculations as to whether that would cause an irrational response on the part of the US. Putin doesn't want to unleash a nuclear war even if he thinks Russia would win it.

As many have said, Putin doesn't bluff. But he is also known for his caution and precise responses.

Gruff thinks it requires a nuclear event to "break the escalation cycle". I disagree. I think Russia will use the "cauldron" approach - raise the pain dial incrementally until the West collapses internally from a failure of the will. This seems evident in the steps Russia has taken in the economic sphere so far.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/05/ukraine-open-thread-2022-64.html?cid=6a00d8341c640e53ef0278807cce7d200d#comment-6a00d8341c640e53ef0278807cce7d200d

#20     May 14, 2022