Does Realmoney.com make you any money?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jbtrader23, May 26, 2002.

1. Cramer just buys good stories at attractive prices. Then he uses a good scale to add to his positions. As long as the story doesn't change, he stays in. I think that's good investing. I think he'd be a great investor though if he had a slight understanding of tech analysis, but he still has had decent numbers for someone in the industry.

#21     Jun 1, 2002
  2. I like Jim Cramer for fun, {Healthy to laugh}+comments.

Its been a bit weak lately,but IJS{ + small caps] still looks good on most timeframes. [charts] These comments are limited to Cramer,real money, more than realmoney.com.

------------------------

All gave some,some gave all

#22     Jun 3, 2002
  3. perfect example about cramer.he hyped small caps big time.he got all his sheeple in the IJS at 95 after it had run up bigtime. this morning he writes a piece saying small caps could be overvalued when IJS is 92.where is the value in his advice he top ticks every thing.
    recent examples of where you would be following his picks.tyc from 47s and 40s and 30s and 20 and 17.,ijs from 95s lll from 65s,cnxt from 14s,12,8s.aol from 35s,30s 22s.cbh from 50,bax from 55s.bmy from 31s,ebay 58s.aa 36s.expe was hyped at 80 and again at 76 when usai announced buyout. there are more but cant think of them all right now.
    you notice he stopped bashing fund managers who are down for the year.he cant now because he is down too.
    the worst thing is he had other smart people on his site warning about tyc yet kept hyping it.

#23     Jun 5, 2002
  4. I've never used realmoney.com, but I ocassionally have a read of the street.com. I don't use any of it to make trading decisions with (I daytrade).
    It seems to me that most of the advice stuff written is with an "investment" point of view. I'd assume then that that would be the case with realmoney aswell. Although I think some of those recommendations are very questionable, especially tyc from 47 to 17 (SHIT!) and aol, wouldn't a "long term investment" point of view disregard taking some adverse price movement?

Also, let's say you're a long term investor. After you've assembled your portfolio, why the hell do you need realmoney's advice any longer? Most of what the street.com writes about is day to day things affecting the market. If your time frame is 20 years, who cares where the market opened today!

Seems to me that, just like the weightloss industry, who's goal it is to keep selling you weight loss products, the goal of financial news/opinion services that espouse the virtues of long term equity investment (but focus their "coverage" on daily news items) is just to keep you coming back for more "advice".

#24     Jun 5, 2002
  5. NEWS FLASH.cramer just wrote a piece saying that his wife has just now turned bullish and has put their money into index funds.now maybe we have something usefull.lol
    one wonders why cramer has been buying all this time and rode stuff down if his wife was bearish on stocks.

#25     Jun 5, 2002
  6. That is called hedging.

#26     Jun 5, 2002
  7. mbg

mbg

that tells you his wife wears the pants in his family. He's just an ugly loudmouth.

Can't wait for cnbc to cancel his show - he should go home and meet his kids before they don't recognize him anymore.

#27     Jun 5, 2002
  8. Babak

Babak

vhehn, don't forget Q! I was astonished to see him hang in there with fundamental justifications as every single technical barrier was smashed through.

ok, ok enough Cramer bashing :p

#28     Jun 5, 2002
  9. "vhehn, don't forget Q! I was astonished to see him hang in there with fundamental justifications as every single technical barrier was smashed through."

forgot that one.another one is MLNM.was the best biotech and would buy now.that was at 32.its 13 now.

#29     Jun 5, 2002