Does QQQ follow a distinct trading pattern?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by shotse, Apr 25, 2011.

Does QQQ follow a distinct trading pattern?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. With the product that I am developing, it will be a web-based
    pre-market open calculator. You can enter almost ANY symbol. It will give you 5 different regions that will tell you if the stock (symbol) OPENS in this region, it has a historical probability of doing this and the following will be covered:

If the OPEN is within the PREVIOUS DAYS RANGE:
    A high above the high of the previous day
    Close above Previous High
    A break of the midpoint of the previous day
    A low below the low of the previous day
    Close below Previous Low

If the OPEN is a GAP:
    If the Gap will close to the High / Low (Gap up / Gap Down)
    If the Gap will close to the Close

I have this developed, I am working on making it look good.

I will eventually add a calculator that will allow you to enter the OPEN and it will give you these stats live and in real-time.

My current platform will tell you when specific patterns occurred and what happened after they occurred. Basically finding probabilities based on patterns. This is a PHP / mySQL based platform and uses historical data.

#41     May 4, 2011
  2. shotse

shotse

To my knowledge AAPL was taken out of QQQ's fund to Regain Balance.

#42     May 4, 2011
  3. #43     May 5, 2011
  4. ==============
    Sure,SS;
    as shooting or silver. Not a prediction:cool:

#44     May 5, 2011
  5. shotse

shotse

I have been using the parabolic SAR indicator and it has been working nicely most of the time in short term trades lasting from 3-5 days. Good forecasting tool. What technical tools do you use when you try to forecast a stock lasting from 3-5 days?

#45     May 5, 2011
  6. ==================
    Sharpshooter;

Huge number of things, which helps prevents me from short term trading[mostly].Especially since positions trading/investing has been much more profitable over the many years.

a]Still study Jack Schwager top trader books[all three/3]For example Rich ''turtle''Dennis interview= still a favorite.But fortunately since I studied William O Neill chapter on stocks, BEFORE Rich Dennis,,i knew William O Neill knows much more about stocks, but Rich Dennis is much better on trends & commodities, I figure.

:D
    b]Yearly,monthly, quartely,weekly,daily,half -daily [candlecharts....................................................................,
    .2001 Stock Trader Almanac, by Mr Hirsch.

T]Two hundred day moving average ;
    price & volume[200 day/period/ma on price & volume].200 simple ma,
    200 weighted ma ,200 ex ma.................................All of this is used with discretion

You will see many patterns no one ever mentioned before;
    like i use smaller[shorter moving averages than 200],
    but it would help you shoot sharp if you did you own non real time study on those.

z] Like some larger traders/institutions just barely accumulating [buy bias]QQQ, say on hourly candles 2 0 and or 21 period average moving average volume.''inching slowly'',LOL-UP]...................................

Also the bull,/UP volume, 1 year charts declining, not a good sign for the bulls=sell bias.50% off sale works wonders in markets, $60 is half or $120 QQQ area high

#46     May 7, 2011
    #47     May 7, 2011