Does QQQ follow a distinct trading pattern?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by shotse, Apr 25, 2011.

Does QQQ follow a distinct trading pattern?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. shotse

shotse

Very interesting use of options as a trading strategy. Let me look into this more I like this strategy too. Thank you.

#31     Apr 30, 2011
  2. There is RESEARCH to back this up...I can research ANY SYMBOL with any % that you would like in seconds. I can also give you the probabilities of where it will close ... above the high, below the low, above / below the midpoint. What percent of the time does the close above the previous high when it opens in specific areas.

I can also run numerous Gap Situations that will tell you when the gap is closed based on where it opens. If it closes to the Close / High / Low...

Just let me know what you want and I can give it to you...

#32     Apr 30, 2011
  3. shotse

shotse

How do you do that?

#33     Apr 30, 2011
  4. Using a mySQL database and PHP...extremely easy...I developed web pages to research all of this information.

#34     Apr 30, 2011
  5. shotse

shotse

Is this open to the public?

#35     Apr 30, 2011
  6. Not currently...it will be soon.

This is vital information and would take you quite sometime to research using any commercial platform. It is also extremely versatile, you input the %'s that you want to research as well as the stock symbol. It will also look for specific daily patterns, if you so desire.

It takes about 20 seconds using PHP / mySQL even when it is made to look good. The process of making data look good is what slows down the PHP / mySQL platform...but is 20 seconds slow?

#36     Apr 30, 2011
  7. shotse

shotse

20 seconds is fast, but the faster the better is the world we live in today.

#37     May 3, 2011
  8. I am working on a pre-market Open calculator today that will do the following:

You enter the symbol and the % range that you want to examine it will give you the following 5 zones:

Above the High
    In the Top X % of the Previous Range
    Mid of the Range (100 - (2 * X))
    In the Bottom X % of the Previous Range
    Below the Low

It will tell you what percentage historically that the Gaps will Close to the High / Low and the Close. I will break this down into much greater detail, but currently this will be basic.

If the Open is inside the Range, it will tell you what the historical probability of a new High / Low or a break of the midpoint.

If you are interested, let me know.

My research has shown that the higher in the range of the previous day that a stock opens, one might expect a higher probability of a higher close (above the previous high), this actually is not the case.

#38     May 4, 2011
  9. shotse

shotse

Yes, I am interested in your pre-market open calculator. Please tell me more about this and your research behind it.

#39     May 4, 2011
  10. do you monitor AAPL at the open or during the day as AAPL is 11.88% of the QQQ....this is way more than any component of the DOW or SP500...

#40     May 4, 2011