Does Obama have a filibuster

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Nov 5, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

proof Democratic congress to work with here? I can't find anythign saying so, but the Dems really thumped the Repubs tonight.

A president who's party also controls congress is usually a bad thing. They can do whatever they want now, good for the country or not. I prefer to have one party in the white house and another party running congress. The gridlock keeps either party from getting a stranglehold on the country. One of the worst things that happened to Bush was getting a Repub majority congress, it didn't take long for his approval rating to drop to the lowest ever save Truman.

Anybody got a long term Dow chart? Look back to 1994, a Dem in the white house but all the Dems in congress were swept out in a thumpin'. The Dow skyrocketed immediatley afterward. (BTW, I was working in a call center back then and we took phone calls from people who wanted to get a copy of the Contract With America. God I hated those calls.)

I don't have a party affiliation and I voted for Obama. I hope his party with this huge majority doesn't fuck it all up. But I know they will. They always have and this time will be no exception. It's just a matter of time. will they even make it to the midterms?

2. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

You know they will immediately start an agenda that will end badly with multiple intended and unintended consequences.

It's just a question of what it will be.

3. A lot of Democrats like to thump each other in the butt.

4. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

So do the Neocons from what I hear.