Does Obama hate Whitey?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Apr 6, 2008.

Does Obama hate white people?

1. Yep. When he's Prez, Whitey is in for some deep shit.

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No. He's just messin' around in his book and Coulter has misquoted him.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Not sure.

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. And what was GWB's record, for whom you have voted twice? (I won't hold against you his record that followed after you voted each time.)

#21     Apr 7, 2008
  2. Are you American? Then why do you give a fuck? Do you think I give two shits about Canadian politics?

FYI: Bush was a two term Governor of America's 2nd biggest state.

#22     Apr 7, 2008
  3. I'm well aware of that. Even so, the only notable thing GWB accomplished before assuming the presidency, or the Texas governorship that preceded it, was having influential parents. You know that better than I do. As for what he accomplished afterwards, well, let's not go there, shall we?

As for why I follow American politics at all (to the limited extent that I do), I am sure you are well aware of the adage that when the US sneezes, Canada catches a cold. So you can imagine how annoying it can be to us Canadians when the US keeps farting. :p

#23     Apr 7, 2008
  4. Yannis

Yannis

For example, he is very well educated, good family man, self-made multimillionnaire, was elected Texas governor twice, was elected US President twice, fought two wars successfully to stop the terrorists in their tracks and free two nations that had been badly oppressed, introduced and fostered democracy in the Middle East for the first time, pushed the UN back to its corner, caused our friends to love and look up to us, and our enemies to be afraid of us and run for cover, cut our taxes and took us out of Clinton's recession, passed the vast majority of his proposed bills and got the money for his budgets, created millions of new jobs, helped our economy to grow a lot more than the rest of similar economies while keeping our unemployment a lot lower than theirs, put some good judges in the various courts,... All in all, an extremely impressive list of accomplishments by this great President and world hero, to say the least.

The main thing we hear from some of our so-called friendly partner countries is jealousy and fear that the US is by far the most powerful and successful nation in the world. His current approval rate? Who cares, he can only govern for eight years, that's how the game is played, and, at any rate, it's almost triple than the current approval rate of the US Congress, and very similar to the approval rate of the leaders of most democratic countries around the world. Success is always attacked by whiners who feel vanquished - most great leaders get left behind by their generation of murdered here and there. People's emotions are like the stock market: they fluctuate for various reasons. Smart observers can see through the noise and detect the real trend, right?

Of course, I feel your deep frustration. Canada? Just a loft over a great party... (Robin Williams) Plus, lots of snow and ice, who wants that? (Just kidding) No, seriously, I hope you guys eventually pull your act together and get some respect too :)

#24     Apr 7, 2008
  5. u r the dumbest cracker for pollin this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25     Apr 7, 2008
  6. Yannis, I think you may have inadvertently strayed from the Joke thread, where you rule.
    :D

#26     Apr 7, 2008
  7. Gord

Gord

Good post Yannis.

Let's compare Bush's legacy with Bill Clinton's legacy:

He started his presidency with an expanding economy and left it in a disaster. First there was the stock market bust. And don't forget about the Enron, Tyco, Worldcom, Global Crossing, etc. fiascoes. Those led to a recession (remember it was president Clinton that declared that the business cycle was over - LOL). Then there was the "Wall" which he erected between the FBI, the NSA and the CIA so they could not share information and dig into his Chinese money-laundering, and which led to the security intel failure of 9/11. Oh, and don't forget about allowing Loral Space to hand the Chinese ballistic missile technology that brought them 30 years ahead, and now they have nukes that can reach N.A. (was that a payoff for the laundered money they contributed to his campaigns or was it from being blackmailed over Monica or other "interns"?). And then after much posturing in 1998 about Saddam's WMD's president Clinton instead left his mess for president Bush to solve:

Transcript President Clinton explains Iraq strike - December 16, 1998

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stor...ts/clinton.html

"The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world."

"The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government - a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people."

"If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors. He will make war on his own people."

"And mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them."

President Clinton should have invaded Iraq in 1998 when Saddam kicked the UN inspectors out, and they knew he still had stockpiles of WMD's. But we all know that Clinton was just a poser - everything he said and did was with an eye on the polls (and the Monika problem).

President Clinton also let North Korea continue to develop its nuclear weapons program without repercussions even though he supposedly "negotiated" an agreement with the N. Koreans to not make nukes.

The political correctness of the Clinton administration had CIA operatives sewing "diversity quilts" supposedly to make them more sensitive to the countries they were supposed to spy on. That and similar nonsense allowed Libya to develop a nuclear weapons program even more sophisticated and mature than today's Iran program. (Thank goodness Bush invaded Iraq, which directly led to Libya voluntarily giving up its nuke program so it would not be the next country invaded by Bush - that alone makes the Iraq war worthwhile.)

President Clinton will always be known as the "blue dress" joke-of-a-president who couldn't keep his pants up, or his enemies down.

#27     Apr 7, 2008
  8. And let's not forget he's also the "First Black President." :D

#28     Apr 8, 2008
  9. Gord

Gord

You haven't heard? He's been stripped of that honor to save it for Barack. Poor ole Bill just can't get a break anymore... [​IMG]

(Maybe they'll give it back to him when Obama loses to McCain. [​IMG])

#29     Apr 8, 2008
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Eh.....You dudes are just a bunch of typical white guys.:p

#30     Apr 8, 2008