Does normal growth mean Dow 5000?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Sep 25, 2003.

1. m22au

m22au

I think the bottom is so far away that it's too difficult to put a number on it. 5000 could be right but it could be much lower.

Having said that, if money supply begins to grow at more than 20% per annum, this could save the DJIA from falling to 5000.

Hyperinflation or deflationary depression .... take your pick. Right now I think the former is more likely .... which suggests that the depths the stockmarket hits won't be as much of an issue compared to how much of a joke the US Dollar becomes.

2. Funny how common sense sounds so uncommon at times.

It is beginning to feel like the Carter years - anyone remember those? Turmoil in Iran, lines at the pump, inflation out the yin-yang. I could see higher inflation / interest rates drive this market to some deep dark places. Not sure if we can make 5000 but wouldn't rule it out.

Even with a return to normal growth the US looks on course for a fiscal / monetary crisis. Just pray I don't own any US$ at that point.

3. It is not reasonable to expect such a great money making opportunity as mentioned.