Does my trading strategy make sense?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tom_e_rock, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Hello this is my first post, was referred here by www.tradersnarrative.com after asking a question.

Basically I'm a young trader, and have this trading strategy. Basically I analyze stocks based on upcoming news and if their product would have performed good a couple months ago.

This was my latest pick,

==================

Heres a stock thats reporting its financial today after market hours.

AutoDesk

Autodesk, Inc. is a design software and services company. The Company offers solutions to customers in the architectural, engineering, construction, manufacturing, infrastructure and digital media markets. The Company’s horizontal design solutions include AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.

- It’s got to do with the housing market and the recent spurt of home sales. People bought houses and many of them had to be built. In order for them to build that they needed to be designed. Many people resorted to 3d home design as its being more and more popular.

- Houses are usually built in the summer, which means people design their house before that. This stock is releasing their second-quarters earning which will be the period that sells the most copies of the software.

This is an insight on how I analyze stocks. I will post my buy screenshot later today.

It shot up in after market hours just like I thought.

Does this method make sense ,was my reasons why it went up correct?