Does lightspeed allow bracket orders?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Benji, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Benji

Benji

HI all.

New here but I just wanted to ask a question about the lightspeed platform for anyone with knowledge. Is there a way I can set up a buy order with a stop and a target all at once. For example I want to buy 100 shares of aapl at 200 and simultaneously set my stop to get out if it drops to 195 and to sell if it hits my target of 210. something along those lines. Thanks.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Hi Benji,

Realtick has a full suite of conditional orders. Lightspeed Trader does not. Sterling Trader Pro has OCO but not with one order.

Bob

3. Benji

Benji

Thanks Robert.

Is this something that may eventually make its way to the platform or do u not have knowledge on this?

Thanks again for the response.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Yes we want them but not on the current developer's list. Realtick conditional orders are server side. Expensive to set up.

5. trade2020

trade2020

I see that LIME Brokerage is listed under

http://www.cqg.com/partners/equities-...

for TradingView

Does that mean you can use TradingView to execute equity trades on a Lightspeed account?

-------------------------------------

Brokers operating through CQG infrastructure are available on TradingView for trading, though we are working in this direction and more brokers will be supported soon.
    To trade right from TradingView charts, you need to contact one of the brokers operating through CQG Web API, sign up an account with them, make sure the account is configured for TradingView and connect it from Trading Panel on your TV chart. You can find the list of FCMs here: http://www.cqg.com/partners/fcms

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Lime Brokerage, the low latency division, has set up equity routing that is certified with CQG. Lightspeed, our division does not offer equity routing through CQG. You will need an equity broker that wants to offer that routing through CQG. I'm not familiar with Trade view and how it works with CQG.

I hope that helps.

Bob