Does it help to work in NYC?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by windsorphd, Dec 14, 2006.

1. GBL

GBL

How much are call girls in NYNY? - bloody expensive. They charge such a massive premium just because "it's the centre of the universe".

#41     Dec 15, 2006
  2. Ah, NYC. Never have so many ugly women been fought over with such vigor.

When I left NYC for south florida, I felt like I recaptured my life. Lived on the beach, got the hot girlfriend (who later became the hot wife) and it was wonderful.

I had a fat female friend who lived down there. She was near suicidal because she could never get any dates. She asked me for advice, and I told her to move to New York. She did and married some poor schlub.

Best decision I ever made to get out of NYC. Wonderful place to visit for a few days, though.

#42     Dec 15, 2006

3. Undoubtedly, there are places that are more desirable than NYC, Florida unfortunately is not one of them. I got to tell you, I was on the floor when I read that according to you: "the people are obviously in better mental and physical shape in Florida." That is just funny. Did you guys shipped all those 90 year old senior citizens off to Cuba or Puerto Rico?????
    As for women, please do not blame NY ladies for having standards and ability to distinguish a classy gentleman from a country hick. Maybe down in Florida you are a playboy among the toothless morons, but in NY it takes class to impress the opposite sex. Southern accent, and picture from your escapades to Disneyland will not do.

#43     Dec 15, 2006

4. Not true, there are plenty of decent places to eat and what constitutes decent in NYC should be rated as quiet good in the rest of the country. The variety of food is staggering and the atmosphere cannot be beat.
    As for living, there are some very nice places to live in NYC, Queens and Long Island City. Lovely large estates, tree shaded streets, quiet and full of that old money charm. I personally reside about 30 minutes from Manhattan and the sidewalk in front of my house is used maybe by 20 people daily. Oh, and there is ample parking space to boot. Could I live cheaper somewhere else???? Most definitely, but I like good food , classy entertainment and a little bit of culture. Last time I check all three are hard to come by in places outside of NYC.

#44     Dec 15, 2006

5. It is true that there is a city tax in NYC. However, on average, property taxes are lower in the city. I pay close to $5K a year, but my friend out on Long Island (NYC suburb) pays close to 15K. So, what he does not pay in city taxes, he makes up in property taxes. Also, do not forget that a great number of people living outside of the city commute driving back and forth every day. If you drive a decent car that will set you back another 40 to 50K every 3 to 5 years depending on how often you upgrade your vehicle. Since I can take a subway to work, it only costs me $4/day and my car looks brand new. Btw. did I mention I could have a picnic in Central Park or catch a Broadway show in less than 30 minutes ?????

#45     Dec 15, 2006

6. Only if you are homeless or came from a place where local 7/11 is the center of the town and everybody dreams of going to Disneyland for their honeymoon. On the other hand, if you have money, class and want some serious fun, NYC is surely the place to be.

#46     Dec 15, 2006

7. Answers to your top ten:

1. rats - I am sure thy do not exist in other parts of the states. Than again would I prefer alligators in my swimming pool or rattle snakes?????
    2. aggressive homeless people: they are only aggressive to the tourists. Somehow, they can sense the weak and feeble. If you grow personality and balls, they will not bother you.
    3. taxi drivers - I used to be one long time ago and I am neither black nor Pakistani. By far the most difficult, dangerous and at the sam time exciting job one can have in NYC. As for their driving: believe it or not, that is the only way to make a decent buck. If you go slow you will not survive in this business.
    4. tips. yea it is tough dispensing them if you are a broke ass wanna be trader living on your mama's welfare check.
    5. Having to live on the 60th floor to escape number three:
    Wanting to puke and do # 2 when I read your vomit.
    6. Pigeon Shit ----- Road kill.
    7. the crying baby next door.....unless you're paying $5000 per month. ----- toothless redneck neighbor shooting his dog at night.
    8. whinny bitches from Brooklyn ----toothless tacky bitches fom the countryside.
    9. Fire Island. ----- Pseudo macho guys going hunting thinking that it makes them bigger.
    10. ).....god I could go on and on.... ---- So could I.

#47     Dec 16, 2006
  8. When you live in NYC or NJ, you oftentimes see these long convoys of vehicles with flashing lights. These are funeral processions and commonplace.

The 80-90 year olds in Florida are evidence of the wonders a warm climate can do for you. If these same people had lived in NJ or NYC, then they would most likely have passed away.

Another feature that is typical of the tri-state is public defibrilators. Think about that. Why would this geography require members of the public to operate complex medical machinery that usually only licensed doctors utilize? Heart disease and dieing is out of control in the tri-state.

It does not take class to impress the opposite sex in NYC, it takes money. In any event, I find a lack of ambition to attract anyone here. Why would I want to attract someone who is clearly overweight, out for my cash, has a lack of libido, etc.

There is a line of women lined up at Mr. Chows during happy hour and I wonder why they are there...Any guesses? They are trying to attract the affluent crowd.

Well no thanks. I would rather pay a prostitute in southeast asia or brazil my hardearned dollar then to take some woman in NYC to dinner. In the end, its all the same except the prostitute uses the cash to feed their families. The woman in NYC uses it to get a cheap frill

#48     Dec 16, 2006

9. I have visited both East Germany when it was East Germany (shithole) and I had the privilege of visiting when it was already part of the new Germany (same shithole). No comparison to even the bleakest parts of NJ.
    Btw. Do east Germans ever smile or was I unlucky enough to meet them on some kind of national mourning day?????? I have seen happier people on suicide watch!:D :D :mad: :confused:

#49     Dec 16, 2006
  10. Senior citizens live in Florida because it is a cheap state to live and they do not require much to be happy. They, however, need morons to feed them, amuse them and most importantly: change their diapers and clean their asses. apparently, this is where you fill the void.
    As for public defibrillators, they are neither complex nor difficult to operate. Then again, what comes naturally for a New Yorker will take many years of learning for somebody who apparently is still struggling with basic English grammar.
    As for attracting women in NYC. I assure you, there is nothing to worry about. It is not gonna happen. It looks like you will have to devote a part of your meager earnings to fulfill your desire to be with a member of the opposite sex. Sad, pathetic, tacky and repulsive - almost like South Florida. :D :D :D :D

#50     Dec 16, 2006