Does it help to work in NYC?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by windsorphd, Dec 14, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

" Quote from zdreg:

u make me laugh. you are part of the herd of know nothings. did you try exploring the city or did you just go to tourist traps or some place recommended by your boss who lives on park ave. or on long island.

Uhhh - I lived in NYC for two years, and NJ for two. Thanks.

because you lived in NY?NJ doesn't prove you know much about the area.

Uhhh- is that the gutteral utterance of the highly educated?

#31     Dec 15, 2006
  2. I live in NYC

its not that expensive....

Other then rent. But there are many ways around that, such as living in jersey city/hoboken/queens/brooklyn, downtown nyc

all within a 10-20 min transport ride.

What is expensive?

a) You start eating out at sit down restaurants every night , every single week, a new gimmick restaurant comes out
    Oh I got to try the foie gras simmered in hamsters breast milk! That can get expensive.

b) Go out clubbing every other night and have 5 drinks for yourself, 5 drinks for strange girls and friends. Club entrance, Taxi, Diner after, Dinner before, Your girls entrance fee.

Acting like a high rolla will get expensive.

Taxing everywhere will get expensive.

c) going shopping and buying gay looking french blazers

d) rent/housing on UES and old money areas.

Everything else seems normal priced to me.

-------------

People are not rude in nyc, that is a myth,
    Maybe if you actually smiled once in awhile out in public, people would smile back at you.

#32     Dec 15, 2006
  3. NYC how do I love thy....let me count the ways.

1) foot long rats...( who live in your building)

2) aggressive homeless...(former day traders)

3) African/Paki taxi divers who believe that laying on their horn will magically disperse the pedestrians from the crosswalk.

4) Tips

5) Having to live on the 60th floor to escape number three.

6) Pigeon Shit

7) the crying baby next door.....unless you're paying $5000 per month.

8) whinny bitches from Brooklyn

9) Fire Island.

10).....god I could go on and on....

#33     Dec 15, 2006
  4. Tuneman

Tuneman

cry some more. Yes id take east germany over the dirty jerz

#34     Dec 15, 2006
  5. zdreg

zdreg

in case you missed the fall of the berlin wall east germany is now part of germany

people died trying to escape east germany's "workers' paradise"

#35     Dec 15, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

"foot long rats" why not start a profesional rat baskeball league. if you find a rat that is 1'6" you'll have your star center.

#36     Dec 15, 2006
  7. Gap for Rats.com

#37     Dec 15, 2006
  8. Tuneman

Tuneman

.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

i know i was trying to insult the jersey..

#38     Dec 15, 2006
  9. If you <i>must</i> move to a big city, I don't see why any trader wannabe would <b>ever</b> pick NY over Chicago.

#39     Dec 15, 2006
  10. Trash bags belong in <b>alleys</b>, for God's sake!
    NY-ers don't seem to see it that way. :D

#40     Dec 15, 2006