Does it get any sillier than this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249002&perpage=10&pagenumber=7

He said he had taken flying lessons then later claimed he never said that.
    As usual I quoted his post but even that won't get him to admit anything.
    He claimed while in the Army he was in "harms way" only to later admit he was not. Personally I doubt he was ever in the army. He's listed three distinctly different places in ATL where his parents supposedly live.
    Either he doesn't know, they're not living or he's an orphan.
    What would be so bad about just admitting any of that I don't know.
    He tried to tell us a .22 is the same thing as a 5.56mm nato round.
    He made some comment about pistols getting more accurate with distance.
    Personally I doubt he's ever held a firearm.
    The list goes on and on and on. Truth is I've forgotten more of it than i can remember. I doubt seriously he's even a nurse.

#11     Jan 7, 2013
  2. You're being too hard on the guy. Anyone can make a few mistakes. Pistols do get more accurate with distance. You just say, yep, that's what I was aiming at. A .22 is the same thing as a 5.56 Nato round. They're both bullets, aren't they? In harms way while in the Army? Anyone in the chow line could say that. Now don't you feel foolish?:p

#12     Jan 7, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL! What? Do you by chance have that link?

#13     Jan 7, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Are you sure he didn't mean .223 was the same as the 5.56? They're not, but I can understand how someone who isn't very familiar with rifles might mistake it as they look essentially identical.

#14     Jan 7, 2013
  5. Funny, 99cent is conspicuously absent this thread, I wonder why?

#15     Jan 7, 2013
  6. I can't remember exactly, but there was some mistake made in the size of the round he was referring to.

#16     Jan 7, 2013
  7. We were not exclusively discussing the caliber when he made the claim (at least that's my recollection).

The really outrageous part was how he tried to spin and lie his way out his mistake, not that he made a mistake.
    We all make mistakes ,except 99cent will go to extra-ordinary and herculean efforts to appear otherwise instead of fessing up and admitting them.

#17     Jan 7, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

Just in case anyone wants to know everything about the 5.56 and .223 cartridges and interchangeability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.56×45mm_NATO

#18     Jan 7, 2013
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I might be able to find the thread. I'll look for it.

#19     Jan 7, 2013
  10. pspr

pspr

#20     Jan 7, 2013